• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

HighlandTiger

Who are the current best dealers for sovereigns?

As someone coming back into buying sovereigns after about 4 years, who are the online companies to keep my eyes on for cheap sovs. During my previous sov buying spell, it was HGM and Atkinsons, has anyone else joined the party?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi. I have recently expanded my silver portfolio to include soverignes. Have been using Atkinsons (mainly) for my silver and thought I should have a look around at other dealers for best price ect. After looking at other sites I have stuck with Atkinsons as there prices and variety seem the best. Obviously this is just my personal opinion as relatively new to both gold and silver. Only starting investing in silver 18 months ago and started on gold last month. 

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

As someone coming back into buying sovereigns after about 4 years, who are the online companies to keep my eyes on for cheap sovs. During my previous sov buying spell, it was HGM and Atkinsons, has anyone else joined the party?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Individual dealers and the forum "want" requests will always work out cheaper. Auctions are a solid way to buy them too if you can be bothered. 

Harrington are still running their £239 2019 sovereign offer (including special delivery!) - which works out way cheaper than both HGM and Atkinsons

Chards do a "Gold Full Sovereign Grade C Secondary Market" which are listed at 2% over spot - so if you buying a few, then your postage costs average out and end up being the cheapest you can get today.  

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:13, Jamesd said:

Yeh cheapest I've had is £239 from atkinson but these are mixed dates 

This may be a silly question but what does it mean when it says "mixed dates".  The obvious answer is that it is any date the dealer picks from their stock but for some reason I have always thought it implied a lower quality coin - another way of saying Grade B.

5 minutes ago, Seasider said:

This may be a silly question but what does it mean when it says "mixed dates".  The obvious answer is that it is any date the dealer picks from their stock but for some reason I have always thought it implied a lower quality coin - another way of saying Grade B.

I think it means you get whatever they have in stock at the time which could be a mixture of different dates.  I would assume that if they have a rarer variety that demands a higher price that would probably be sold separately.  So maybe it means those of similar value which could be of different dates.

I think with the mixed dates it's pre owned coins of mixed dates so you get what ever date they send. The coins I've had have been 100% mint Condition so the dates are not so important to me when I'm not trying to get a date run together. Only date run I have really is my guernsey doubles. But some are hard to find if not impossible 😊

Individual in-person dealers are best, unless you find a special sale online. There's a local dealer here who sells most non-slabbed, non-special mintage, non-Eagle gold coins for spot + $15, including sovereigns. I've yet to find any online dealer who has matched those prices.

Edited by RacerCool

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:14, RoughDog said:

I think it means you get whatever they have in stock at the time which could be a mixture of different dates.  I would assume that if they have a rarer variety that demands a higher price that would probably be sold separately.  So maybe it means those of similar value which could be of different dates.

So I tried a little experiment.  Atkinsons had a mixed date shield back sovereign for sale as well as a whole list of individual dated shield backs.  I bought a mixed date one (which turned out to be the only one they had).  None of the individual dated ones disappeared from the list.  So buying a mixed date is clearly not a way of getting a rarer/higher priced version.

For common bullion I just compare Atkinsons with HGM as two of the best consistently for price.
You can also find good deals on this site but you need to be quick as bargains go in a flash.
I don't even bother with the other well known dealers as their prices, including delivery, rarely beat these two.
If looking for a specific coin then it is always worth researching a bit wider.

11 hours ago, OnlytheBrave said:

I got 3 sovereigns just now from Harrington & B just now for £229

Its a strange website, but if you search for sovereigns and select the 2019 option the are available at this price. 

Regards 

Hi do you have the link? I can only see them for 239. Thanks

12 hours ago, OnlytheBrave said:

I got 3 sovereigns just now from Harrington & B just now for £229

Its a strange website, but if you search for sovereigns and select the 2019 option the are available at this price. 

Regards 

Maybe worth adding the info to the gold deals thread