• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fedex dropped the ball today - bunch of idiots

Wow - you know those kind of days where you have a bunch to do and then something just comes along and stresses you out even more to the point where your day is fully ruined?

Well, today was 100% Fedex's fault for my stressful day.

Order was from GS.be - but before you read on this story is not anything to moan about with them, totally Fedex. Indeed GS.be were incredibly helpful, more on this as we go. 

It actually started yesterday when I was expecting the delivery. I had my tracking number, text and email saying to be delivered on Thursday. Around 10 am I got an email to say it had been attempted to be delivered....thats strange, no knock on the door, no card through the letterbox. So I rang them and they said basically what the tracking said, nobody in. I moaned at them and then they said they could redeliver tomorrow. 

OK, fine for me because I work from home. 

Today rolls around, same again - texts/email etc. to say expect delivery. 

10am - "Your package has been successfully delivered!"

Um....

No it hasn't!

Ring up FedEx and long story short, the delivery driver delivered to the wrong address because they either are illiterate or so stupid that they cannot read a label.

"Wrong number, wrong street, wrong name. Ah well, seems like a good house to drop off a parcel regardless!" - this is what I imagine went through the head of this delivery driver.

After a lengthy call with FedEx and being passed through to several different people we finally worked out what address it had actually gone too - popped round but they weren't in any more. 

FedEx also said the driver would be back in the next few hours to attempt to pick it up and redeliver it - which they eventually did....

This is where my day got a lot more interesting. 

Rightly so, I am P.O.'ed - the delivery driver simply said, "I made a mistake, it wasn't on purpose". I said, well its a pretty simple mistake to make, not even the same street or number and whoever signed for it clearly you didn't check their name either - I then said, "surely the ability to read a label and check you have the right parcel to house is a key requirement for your job - perhaps you shouldn't do this job if you cannot do this...." To which this driver said, "give me a break, haven't you ever made a F*****g mistake". Now, I was pissed off and my remark was cheeky - but this was not called for. 

So, this driver then got in the van and made to speed off in the other direction. I wanted to know how we were going to get my parcel, so I asked through the window as they were getting ready to drive off. Driver told me to F off. I pull out my phone and start recording - only to catch the van (and fortunately number plate) before it turned a corner. 

Absolutely ridiculous behaviour. 

Formal complaint underway with FedEx about the drivers behaviour - but this will no doubt not get anywhere because there is no proof of the drivers behaviour. 

Now after all of this, I still don't have my parcel and now I am worried about if/when I do get it that it has been tampered with and/or if there is an issue then GS.be will not be able to help. So I got confirmation from FedEx they made a mistake, passed this on to GS.be for their advice and they were very helpful about what would happen.

So that made me feel better. Top marks to GS.be for this. 

Eventually picked my parcel up from the neighbour - who was about to bloody open it he said! Glad I caught him in time!

What a complete poo storm from FedEx.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Fedex is bad, and untrustworthy, to handle anything . I have NEVER had any packages delivered on the day they told me. Its been one/two days later. So much for taking time off, and getting nothing, from Fedex. " But we can arrange to drop it in the shed, so its there when you get home from work" Right! 

In Denmark, Fedex had a subcontractor handling the drivers, and when time came, to pay tax and VAT, they closed the company, and started a new one, with some unknown manager from Romania, who didnt even know he was CEO of a company here.

This practice has stopped now, but only because the media found out, not from anything Fedex did..

Local drivers, that speak Danish, and english, are now doing the delivery, but for how long. 

One would think that a company of their size, would care more, about their reputation...

Imagine if this happened with a very high value order.
I believe GS.be covers insurance to your door so if FedEx cocked up big time you would still be covered.
How long would it take to sort out though ?
Got me slightly worried now as I'm receiving ( fingers crossed ) a package next week from GS.be

Just ensure you make a formal complaint.
Fedex's CEO is Mr Frederick W Smith, I looked online and his email address is FWSmith@fedex.com 
I am sure he would love to hear the goings on.
If you make a complaint via email, copy him in, that will be fun for you. :)

I have worked in global market servicing for a while and I see all the tricks.

My Goodness, I thought this kind of situation only happened in Portugal...but sadly I was wrong!

I'm terrible sorry for you BYB, but gladly you recover the package!

I think this is the result of the general commercial philosophy to reduce expenses, so employees have less or no formation at all and gain horrid salaries!  

I had an order from gs.be arrive as suggested, but got carded as the driver saw an old note in the window saying to leave elsewhere.

I called them and after a few attempts to get the correct depot, they called him and he came back.

Such a shame you're having such a different experience.

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Wow - you know those kind of days where you have a bunch to do and then something just comes along and stresses you out even more to the point where your day is fully ruined?

Well, today was 100% Fedex's fault for my stressful day.

Order was from GS.be - but before you read on this story is not anything to moan about with them, totally Fedex. Indeed GS.be were incredibly helpful, more on this as we go. 

It actually started yesterday when I was expecting the delivery. I had my tracking number, text and email saying to be delivered on Thursday. Around 10 am I got an email to say it had been attempted to be delivered....thats strange, no knock on the door, no card through the letterbox. So I rang them and they said basically what the tracking said, nobody in. I moaned at them and then they said they could redeliver tomorrow. 

OK, fine for me because I work from home. 

Today rolls around, same again - texts/email etc. to say expect delivery. 

10am - "Your package has been successfully delivered!"

Um....

No it hasn't!

Ring up FedEx and long story short, the delivery driver delivered to the wrong address because they either are illiterate or so stupid that they cannot read a label.

"Wrong number, wrong street, wrong name. Ah well, seems like a good house to drop off a parcel regardless!" - this is what I imagine went through the head of this delivery driver.

After a lengthy call with FedEx and being passed through to several different people we finally worked out what address it had actually gone too - popped round but they weren't in any more. 

FedEx also said the driver would be back in the next few hours to attempt to pick it up and redeliver it - which they eventually did....

This is where my day got a lot more interesting. 

Rightly so, I am P.O.'ed - the delivery driver simply said, "I made a mistake, it wasn't on purpose". I said, well its a pretty simple mistake to make, not even the same street or number and whoever signed for it clearly you didn't check their name either - I then said, "surely the ability to read a label and check you have the right parcel to house is a key requirement for your job - perhaps you shouldn't do this job if you cannot do this...." To which this driver said, "give me a break, haven't you ever made a F*****g mistake". Now, I was pissed off and my remark was cheeky - but this was not called for. 

So, this driver then got in the van and made to speed off in the other direction. I wanted to know how we were going to get my parcel, so I asked through the window as they were getting ready to drive off. Driver told me to F off. I pull out my phone and start recording - only to catch the van (and fortunately number plate) before it turned a corner. 

Absolutely ridiculous behaviour. 

Formal complaint underway with FedEx about the drivers behaviour - but this will no doubt not get anywhere because there is no proof of the drivers behaviour. 

Now after all of this, I still don't have my parcel and now I am worried about if/when I do get it that it has been tampered with and/or if there is an issue then GS.be will not be able to help. So I got confirmation from FedEx they made a mistake, passed this on to GS.be for their advice and they were very helpful about what would happen.

So that made me feel better. Top marks to GS.be for this. 

Eventually picked my parcel up from the neighbour - who was about to bloody open it he said! Glad I caught him in time!

What a complete poo storm from FedEx.

Sounds like you handled that better than I would have.  I had no issue with my last GS.be order which was delivered by fedex. My previous order was when they were using yodel.  The driver had his kid helping him, he came to the flat while the driver stayed in his van.  The kid was about 8 and spoke no English, he ran off as soon as I started inspecting the package, no signature taken too which means the driver was forging them.  Luckily it was all ok.  

It is a lot of stress when you get parcels with expensive precious metals in them. A few months ago I bought some gold from Geiger in Germany and DHL ballsed up the tracking. Said it had been delivered to 'My Rysker' and was marked as delivered. I was first like who on earth is that and why does he have my parcel? I was getting paranoid because this was an expensive parcel! Only thing I could think of was that it had been left with a neighbour two doors down that we don't know well and never likes to answer the door unless it's a delivery driver. No answer from them.

Tried to get in contact with DHL but their website is absolutely useless, same for their phone line. They have about 7 different types of tracking numbers so you'd input your tracking number it will say it's invalid if you're not using the right tool. Anyways after contacting Geiger to investigate this it turns out DHL ballsed up the tracking and it was infact still in delivery. Got my gold in the end but it was not without a lot of stress.

You have to be careful, you don't want to make enemies with your delivery drivers. One is going to wonder what is he going to be like when you next have a FedEx parcel to deliver. Is he going to throw it around? Steal it? Give you more grief? Who knows.

I had them in my mind as a serious courier but that is changing. One parcel went to the wrong address and we arranged delivery to my house. Twice we agreed a day I would be at home and twice they didn't show up. The first time i spoke with the customer service around 4 pm and they told me it was out for delivery and for sure would be delivered by eod, which it didn't.

After some angry calls and emails following the second missed appointment,  the package arrived next day (Saturday) by TNT! 

Overall pretty poor experience.  😒

Instagram: gildeon_67

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I had this,Tracking stated they dropped it of at a collection point etc and that a card was left at the address.Went down to local collection place and nothing and ofc no card was left,

It took two days for me to find the package at another house two streets over lol.

It's not them being illiterate or stupid,They just dump your parcel anywhere as they get fined for every parcel they bring back.Plus all of them are in a mad rush due to the amount of work each day being to much.

100% internal system fault. The pressure and penalties on drivers caused by this results in poor service. Top level people are at fault for such practices.....plus driver responsibility too but clearly internal pressure.

Why was the ‘neighbor’ about to open the parcel? It didn’t belong to him. Didn’t have his name and address on it. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

2 hours ago, Abyss said:

I thought FedEx one of the better courier companies and that is one of the reason why GS.be changed courier companies? Stressful day indeed.

They are.  Would put this down to individual driver having a mare.  Others are routinely dodgy in approach to drop off, leaving in bins, no signatures etc.  

(though i have yet to see any courier actually insist on named signature, always accept someone who opens the door.)

9 minutes ago, KitboyE17 said:

Why was the ‘neighbor’ about to open the parcel? It didn’t belong to him. Didn’t have his name and address on it. 

God knows. Why they even signed for it I have no idea

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I got two high value parcels from the European Mint delivered to my neighbour although it says it requires my signature. I'm in the good position that I'm on good terms with them and that they are physically not capable of lifting such parcels so the driver put it just behind their door (inside the house) and there I picked it up. The driver just told them it's heavy. I'm sure they have no clue what was inside as getting heavy parcels will appear to naturally fit into what they know about me and my life style. I have made no complaints in order to keep the profile low and not make the driver remember this particular delivery. So the European Mint is not aware of this and I don't blame them as it was clearly the driver's fault who was not allowed to hand it out to anyone but me. Before the second parcel I knew it would be the same again but thought letting it happen and making no complaints would be the safest bet, as said. 

23 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

"Wrong number, wrong street, wrong name.

Is English the first language of this driver? It would be interesting if this episode was an advertisment for multiculturalism or rather for the modern Western education system or maybe for both? 

Archived