• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Hatton Garden style Heist!

I would like to report an individual for stealing my post 😂😂😉👍 But on most jobs as such theirs a inside man to pull it off, something doesn’t sit right with me on this one. I know guys who have motion sensors on their bloody fridge yet this high value jewellery store only has cctv ?  

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

37 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

I would like to report an individual for stealing my post 😂😂😉👍 But on most jobs as such theirs a inside man to pull it off, something doesn’t sit right with me on this one. I know guys who have motion sensors on their bloody fridge yet this high value jewellery store only has cctv ?  

Insurance Job? 

I found this interesting: 

Staff refused to comment as the shop stayed closed.

A spokesman for George Attenborough & Son told The Sun: “You seem to know more than we do.”

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

It is not that surprising to be honest.  

I have an acquaintance who does physical penetration testing for all sorts of organisation. 

He is very discreet but does say lots of security is woeful and organisations leave themselves open to theft.  

One incident that he mentioned was a large organisation that had a large quanity of fast and very expensive servers delivered on a Friday (million’s of pounds of kit). Over the weekend, a lorry was driven up to the warehouse doors of the it was forced open after the thieves cut the cable to the cctv which ran outside of the building!!!

The security guards were apparently asleep because it was 3 in the morning. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 1 month later...
On 27/03/2019 at 18:00, dicker said:

It is not that surprising to be honest.  

I have an acquaintance who does physical penetration testing for all sorts of organisation. 

He is very discreet but does say lots of security is woeful and organisations leave themselves open to theft.  

The security guards were apparently asleep because it was 3 in the morning. 

Security guards.  I once worked at a place where some stuff started going missing from the stores so they stepped up security and started checking everyone’s bags when they left.

By chance they discovered some stuff had gone missing over what appeared to be one night so the police investigated and it turned out to be the security guard that was on nights.  They discovered a stash of stuff at his address seemingly.

At work on nights the silent alarm went off for the drawing office, 1000’s upon 1000’s pounds of computer equipment. The alarm went to the works control room and the police.

Two of us from the control room arrived at the office before the police showed up, we waited. Eventually with the police hanging back we found the outer security door forced, and an attempt had been made on the inner high security door.

Only thing to do, secure the outer door from the inside with steel straps. The police twigged I would be locking myself in, how would I get out? Digital high security doors? I got through three of them to get out. I wouldn’t tell the police how I did it.

Archived