• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fisch Coin Tester

AlL

Newie question, I know some of you can smell a fake, but I'm horrified at the fact that might, one day happen to me!

Do you know where I can get one if this plastics testers for the thickness / diameter / weight?

Specially for Sovereign and half Sov

Thank you guys.

coin.jpg

Here you go:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24ct-half-Gold-Sovereign-genuine-Coin-size-check-Testing-Kit/322539841748?epid=2186244125&hash=item4b18df68d4:g:yloAAOSwoF5ciBTj

For weight your best bet will be to get a small scale which are also quite affordable. That particular tester was just the first I came across. If you search eBay for "Sovereign Tester" "Silver coin tester", etc you should get more results if that particular one isn't to your liking

3 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Thank you! Did you ever tried something link this? I saw this one too... But it can't weight the coins... I thought the other might be better? But I probably will by this one. Thank you!

1 minute ago, AlL said:

Thank you! Did you ever tried something link this? I saw this one too... But it can't weight the coins... I thought the other might be better? But I probably will by this one. Thank you!

I don't have this one though I did once spot one that was more or less the same but made out of metal which I wanted to buy. Seemed like a handy thing to have in a wallet. I will probably buy one of these as it is equally handy. Ultimately I'd stress your best bet as a first defence is to really educate yourself about the sort of coins you plan on buying - what fakes are out there, the things to look for, etc. The good counterfeits can match size and weight so fakes could still slip through with these testers. It is something that I am very paranoid about too so most of my purchases are made within what I know the most about. Thankfully so far it has kept me safe.

Archived