• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Welsh dragon 2019 silver £20 coin now available

RudiTapper

39 minutes ago, RudiTapper said:

I haven’t received email yet from royal mint but see that it’s now available. Unlimited mintage but only sold until 12 April

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/interests/sport/The-Welsh-Dragon-Celebration-2019-UK-20-pound-Fine-Silver-Coin/

Worth getting ?

I think this coin, in different packaging, has been available at the Royal Mint Experience in Wales since early January.

As a big lover if the sport of rugby and with my wife hailing originally from Cwmbran, I didn't need any further excuse to order one of these ;)

Even as an ardent supporter of Ireland, I have to admit that Wales are very worthy winners of this year's 6 Nations Championship and the Grand Slam B)

1 hour ago, Fastnick said:

As a big lover if the sport of rugby and with my wife hailing originally from Cwmbran, I didn't need any further excuse to order one of these ;)

Even as an ardent supporter of Ireland, I have to admit that Wales are very worthy winners of this year's 6 Nations Championship and the Grand Slam B)

Rugby: the sport of gods.

I was surprised that Ireland didn't show up this season. I still wouldn't count them out of winning the world cup though. It's going to be epic. 

I am from the other side of twmbarlwm twmp from Cwmbran about 4 miles as the crow flies in Risca. 

I can't claim to be a big fan of Rugby (though I am enjoying it more and more) but I love the looks Welsh dragon and will soon be calling Wales home so that is enough motivation for me :D  Wouldn't have thought it would be a coin that does amazingly well long term but at that price if you like it then why not?

Really ? Every other £20 coin in this series was sold for £20. Since the last general release the price of silver has dropped and yet RM are now charging £25 for what is a half ounce bullion coin. I forgave them for the very shady way they reneged on the £20 face value debacle but blatant price gouging is one step too many for me.

The £20 series was supposed to be (ie adverised as) a collector coin with changing designs and now RM, either out of laziness or sheer greed, has decided to release exactly the same design as previously but with a 25% mark up. They should be ashamed.  

Archived