• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

FedEx won’t delive gold coins /bullions

Panda82

Picked up a few gold pandas from an auction in Japan , after a smooth payment and shipment out of Japan,the parcel has been held For clearance in Stansted. After I rang and emailed fedex to explain they are investment gold and should not have tax on them , fedex refused to deliver the parcel to my home address as the value of the parcel is over 2500 usd , had to pick up either myself or rearrange another delivery through another person or company.

so if you buying from overseas and use fedex , be ware of they don’t do door to door delivery if your goods valued over 2500usd

19 hours ago, longplay said:

I looked recently and basically no one but Royal Mail Special Delivery allows shipping of precious metals (in the UK). Which was a bit of a surprise.

Especially as the royal mint use DHL

18 minutes ago, RoughDog said:

Given the Royal Mint is a very large organisation and will be sending 10,000s of items out daily i would have thought

They will probably have have a different set of terms & conditions that Joe Public doesn't have

I have read on internet research BBP and Baird & Co both have separate insurance policy cover for "goods in transit", should the worst happen

2 hours ago, RoughDog said:

Possibly different for their business customers, but using the parcel option from the DHL site clearly states precious metals are out:

https://www.ipostparcels.com/parcel-delivery/uk-prohibited-items

Express is a bit more vague. Bullion is out, as are commemorative coins/medals (but only in excess of £2,000 on the latter):

https://parcel.dhl.co.uk/what-you-can-and-cant-send/

For packages under £250, the RM actually use Royal Mail Tracked48. Which is interesting, as it only appears to cover up to £100.

Archived