• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Germania Mint - Allegories and Oak leaf issue date and mintage announced

Deglin98

So apparantly they will be releasing The Allegories in may and the Oak leaf in june.
( https://germaniamint.com/issue-plan/2019/ )

The Oak leaf will have a mintage of 50.000 but they will release multiple versions of the Allegories.

A 1 Oz. Allegorie with mintage of 25.000 pieces
A 2 Oz. Allegorie with mintage of 2500.
And a 5 Oz. version with mintage of only 500 pieces.

I quite like them but what are your thoughts on the design and mintages of this series ?
And did anyone receive their Germania silver proof yet ?

0ak_Leaf_2019_aw_600.png

germania_britannia_1oz_2019.png

24 minutes ago, Seasider said:

So is that Allegories coin showing Germany giving the Brits a shove out of the EU?

Lol, I don't think so. I see Germania gently patting Brittannia on the back while Britannia is thinking:
Darling you got to let me know.
Should I stay or should I go?

It will be interesting to see the actual coins. You see coin designs that look amazing then they are nothing like depicted. 

For example 

This

IMG_20190321_155551.thumb.jpg.13bc4a786b7fabce133b4ea268c2cdb5.jpg

Becomes this

IMG_20190321_155623.jpg.e5b7657ac3b813d3a8a0d6e4e7c2f087.jpg

Some things just don't convert well to the final coin and I have a feeling Allegories will be one of those 

6 hours ago, Deglin98 said:

Lol, I don't think so. I see Germania gently patting Brittannia on the back while Britannia is thinking:
Darling you got to let me know.
Should I stay or should I go?

No, I think Britannia is saying "Does my bottom look big in this?"

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, Frost said:

Have you seen this new coin in Allegoris series Columbia & Germania?
Mintage of 25.000 coins.

1oz_Columbia__Britannia_2019-Am.png

I have, someone over at Reddit was able to see one up close at the Chicago coin fair. They are delayed until december though.

Germania allegories.jpg

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, LongJSilver said:

I saw them for under 24 $ at Bold Precious Metal. Big differene to 27 Euros. Shipping costs to the US are higher why the high Price of 27 € +

One word: Taxes
Most countries in Europe charges taxes on silver rounds but a lot of American states don't.
If you order from an American website, your package will be charged with taxes + customs charge upon entering the EU.
That mostly means it's no longer profitable to order outside of the European Union.

Also: the first coins of the Germania Mint were in high demand and people were willing to pay ridiculously high premiums.
Now they are riding the wave of their popularity and are asking high premiums on every coin they release.
Don't get me wrong, i think they are very nice coins, but some of the prices asked for their silver rounds are just straight up silly.

/END RANT

Archived