• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tibetan Thankas

Hi, does anybody have any experience in this kind of thing? There is a selection of them at my local antiques Centre and they are £28 each. Because the items for sale belong to people outside of the Centre (people hire cabinets to sell things from) the staff didn’t really know much about them, what materials they are made from etc. here is an example from google images of what I’m talking about 

C5504603-CD3F-4806-91D6-E34C2E9B0669.jpeg

1 hour ago, caloundracats said:

I love them regardless. Tibetan silver is well known but what purity it is I have no idea.

I’ve just been looking on eBay and they seem to be around £4.99 each and a full set £42.99 so I’m beginning to think it might be £28 for all 12. I’ll have to check it out again on Monday.

Some ebay listings show them as silver-copper-nickel-zinc alloy, so silver plated at best I think. If they're £5 each from China via ebay, it wouldn't surprise me if they're £28 each in an antiques centre.!

48 minutes ago, pandan said:

Some ebay listings show them as silver-copper-nickel-zinc alloy, so silver plated at best I think. If they're £5 each from China via ebay, it wouldn't surprise me if they're £28 each in an antiques centre.!

I think you’re right, I’ll have a feel tomorrow but I’ve got no way of knowing what’s in them. I’ll ask some more questions anyway maybe they can pass them onto the seller and find out 

4 minutes ago, JaggyThistle said:

I'm. Sorry I am unable to help but what a beautiful thing even if it's not silver I will be keeping my eye out just to buy as a decorative item 

I really like them and I’m definitely heading back tomorrow to find out more 

Archived