• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

There is NO silver shortage - Stop the myth - WHY are you still stacking silver ???

2 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

metals manipulation includes making the silver price higher.

metals manipulators manipulated the silver price higher in

order to make money.

that's why convicting metals manipulators proves nothing.

HH

*smdh*

Leaving it from here for obvious reasons. Peace out HH.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

if you don't believe me then look it up.

but don't claim something as proof when you only have

one side of the story.

HH

Read this.

Chris Powell, Secretary and Treasurer of the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee told Bernie Lo on CNBC Asia overnight that central banks are continuing to manipulate the gold market as they are interested in supporting government bonds and the dollar and keeping interest rates low.

Powell warns about “paper gold” and says that we, “try to persuade investors that if they are purchasing gold, they had better get real gold - metal. They should not get “paper gold” and keep it within the banking system.” He says that, “there is huge naked short position in gold” and estimates that perhaps “75% to 80% of the gold that the world thinks it owns does not exist and is just a claim on a bullion bank that is underwritten basically by the central banks.”

Bernie Lo asks what is the “end result”?

With regard to price Powell said that he does not make predictions but he wonders,  “what the value or the price of gold will be if the world ever discovers that 80% of the gold that it thinks it owns - does not exist.”

“There may not be enough zeros in the world to put behind the gold price then.”

Powell said that buyers should own gold “in your hand” or in allocated format outside of the banking system.

He concluded by saying that surreptitious intervention in the gold market can continue as long as gold buyers do not own real physical bullion.

Yes I absolutely agree that everyone should listen to the OP and understand that silver is basically worthless because there is so much of it in the Earth's crust.

Please do not continue to purchase said silver from dealers, and allow the premium and price to fall to near zero where they belong.

🥰

Fundamentals on gold and silver didn't change for last 5000 years so no "financial system magic" will change that, we can play monopoly all day long but at some point we have to stop and say hello to real world. 

The big reason I buy silver is because I like to have some of my portfolio in various sized beautiful works of art that I can enjoy that have a monetary value.

Take a 1 kilo Pamp suisse Fortuna bar. When you hold it in your hands it has substantial weight (impressive), then you look at the actual beauty of the artwork of the bar (impressive), the fact that it has monetary value associated with it is also a plus. 

I guess I fall more to the collector side of the hobby and inadvertently have “stacked” a few items along the way (like the couple hundred ounces of colored silver eagles that “belong to my kids in their collections.”😉

To me - it is a very time consuming hobby that appreciates (or depreciates) in value as the years go on but it has become a part of my journey in life. 

As a side note I stack copper as well - everytime I see an electrical wire I strip off the rubber case to get at the shinny red metal underneath - so far I am probably up to about 5 thousand pounds of it stored in old milk crates. Talk about taking up space! 🤪

FEA1DC59-F692-451F-BCA6-E238B4F25FDD.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pampfan said:

The big reason I buy silver is because I like to have some of my portfolio in various sized beautiful works of art that I can enjoy that have a monetary value.

Take a 1 kilo Pamp suisse Fortuna bar. When you hold it in your hands it has substantial weight (impressive), then you look at the actual beauty of the artwork of the bar (impressive), the fact that it has monetary value associated with it is also a plus. 

I guess I fall more to the collector side of the hobby and inadvertently have “stacked” a few items along the way (like the couple hundred ounces of colored silver eagles that “belong to my kids in their collections.”😉

To me - it is a very time consuming hobby that appreciates (or depreciates) in value as the years go on but it has become a part of my journey in life. 

As a side note I stack copper as well - everytime I see an electrical wire I strip off the rubber case to get at the shinny red metal underneath - so far I am probably up to about 5 thousand pounds of it stored in old milk crates. Talk about taking up space! 🤪

FEA1DC59-F692-451F-BCA6-E238B4F25FDD.jpeg

I still collect scrap copper too

started as a youth , smashing the back of cathode ray tubes to get the coils ( anyone remember big TV sets?)

use to weight it in to buy petrol for my scrambler

3 hours ago, Michal said:

Fundamentals on gold and silver didn't change for last 5000 years so no "financial system magic" will change that, we can play monopoly all day long but at some point we have to stop and say hello to real world. 

same can be said for salt and sugar, how has that turned out?

HH

13 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Chris Powell, Secretary and Treasurer of the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee told Bernie Lo on CNBC Asia overnight that central banks are continuing to manipulate the gold market as they are interested in supporting government bonds and the dollar and keeping interest rates low.

shouldn't he be using the word suppression?

or is he purposely being vague?

HH

13 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Powell warns about “paper gold” and says that we, “try to persuade investors that if they are purchasing gold, they had better get real gold - metal. They should not get “paper gold” and keep it within the banking system.” He says that, “there is huge naked short position in gold” and estimates that perhaps “75% to 80% of the gold that the world thinks it owns does not exist and is just a claim on a bullion bank that is underwritten basically by the central banks.”

the futures market is like betting on a horse. people

don't make bets to own part of a horse. their goal is

for a winning payout. people take positions in the gold

futures market with the hope for a winning payout, not

to actually own any physical gold.

so, now it's criminal to legally take bets?

the gold futures market is the same as any other

commodities futures market. the numbers may be

different but the mechanism is the same. so is every

single commodities futures market suppressed?

HH

“the futures market is like betting on a horse. people

don't make bets to own part of a horse. their goal is

for a winning payout. people take positions in the gold

futures market with the hope for a winning payout, not

to actually own any physical gold.

so, now it's criminal to legally take bets?“

Ahh, not criminal to legally take bets, so long as the winning or losing horse does not determine the price of all the other horses in the world....

8 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

same can be said for salt and sugar, how has that turned out?

HH

Well you can say whatever you want, I do not discuss with worshipers of their own beliefs. But i will try to sweetened my tea with silver tonight straight after ordering it on comex.   

6 hours ago, StackerCollector said:

Yep, there is no silver shortage in the earth's crust - question is HOW MUCH DOES IT COST to get it out? (after all we do need it for hundreds of industrial uses)

IMG_20200327_205023.thumb.jpg.5fcffcbbec651af68c83dc838362c2ac.jpg

There you go, 1000 oz silver excavated in comex style. Almost no cost. Don't worry HH will explain you that it is physical silver, even better than those useless coins or bars.  

7 hours ago, StackerCollector said:

Yep, there is no silver shortage in the earth's crust - question is HOW MUCH DOES IT COST to get it out? (after all we do need it for hundreds of industrial uses)

silver is actually surprisingly accessible to extract with modern

technology, as seen by how the majority of mined silver is as a

by product of metals such as gold and copper. it is not costly to

extract the bulk of the silver that is produced each year.

HH

1 hour ago, Michal said:

IMG_20200327_205023.thumb.jpg.5fcffcbbec651af68c83dc838362c2ac.jpg

There you go, 1000 oz silver excavated in comex style. Almost no cost. Don't worry HH will explain you that it is physical silver, even better than those useless coins or bars.  

is that the extent to your understanding of the comex price

discovery mechanism and futures market for silver?

have you ever received £10 worth of goods and/or services

after handing someone a £10 currency(printed piece of

paper)? did you rip them off by receiving real world goods

and services in exchange for a piece of paper?

HH

How is sugar and salt working out, you ask?  Although I can't speak to the sugar aspect, I recently finished an interesting book about the history of salt.  The Latin (Roman) word for salt was "sal", and was the primary payment for it's army of Legions.  This is where the word "salary" came from.  The Gallic (French) folks called is "solde" which became the modern word "soldier."  Although a king's ransom (literally) was his weight in gold, during the ancient world and into the middle ages this term was also used vis-à-vis the value of salt.  Our table salt only became common in the 1920's with the introduction of the mechanized processes to mine millions of tons of salt each year.  Before that, it was the very well-off person who could afford a salt cellar to store his salt at the dinner table.  If gold has been holding it's value for 5000 years, perhaps a time will come where salt will again command a high value?  Thanks from Scotty at CoinFinders

Archived