• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What to add to my fledgling stack!

Rugbyplayer

So I've been a member on here for a couple of months now and loving it! 

My stack is growing slowly but surely and I want to add to it again on the back of this month's Group Order...... 

I'm adding a couple of 2oz QB but I would also like to add a further 10 1oz coins and there lies my problem........which 10 to buy?? 

My current stack consists of various cast bars (Scottsdale). I have a tube of 20th anniversary brits, 10 oriental 2019 birts, Queens beasts 2oz and 10oz ones and a few other bits n pieces. 

........would you buy another 10 oriental 2019 brits to bring your total to a nice 20 or maybe start towards working on a full tube of maples or eagles??

All advice/opinions welcome 

Cheers

I would pluck for either the Perth mint Dragon bars (just stunning), or as you already have brits go for Eagles. Also if you can afford 10 oz it sometimes works out cheaper to go for one 10 oz coin, kookaburra or elephant, although the Perth Mint Dragon Bars are probably still the best price per oz. good luck

Yeah, too many choices.  The march group order has less options so less to ponder about.

QB are a safe bet.  Should you want to put coins in capsules, the 2 oz QB require half as many capsules as 1 oz.

I find the dragon bars tempting myself, cheap enough too.   Just not quite sure.

What are you looking to do, collect or trade? I collect.

Personally I’d steer clear of oriental Britannia’s as to my mind they are over priced, normal Britannia’s I’d go with.

Maples I do like and have collected them for the last few months, the 1½ oz are particularly nice but again it depends on price.

All that said, I’ve paid over the odds to get the early Queens Beasts so I can complete my two sets.

Thanks for the replies so far. 

To answer some of the questions:

I'm definitely more of a stacker and have no real interest in selling/trading on........in it for the long haul 😀

The 10oz coins are stunning but I don't think I'm going to add many more of QB but will 100% be adding a Kook to the collection at some point. I do have a wee notion for a full tube of Eagles though. 

The new maples are stunning too and I like the idea of this new treatment that will hopefully prevent milkspots!! I think this is also why I like my cast bars, you can handle them without the fear 🤣

Hmmmmm what to do

Perth mint Kangaroos are a great price if you are stacking purely for the weight. 

Add some bars too - Scottsdale, Perth Mint are great prices for weight. 

Diversification is good. Add some gold too. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

17 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Dear me - I am learning very slowly - what is the 'group order'? Can you please send me a link to the details? Very curious about this!!

Thanks, (and sorry!)

Here you go:

Order deadline is end of this 17th of March @17:00 UK time. 

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

2 minutes ago, ram64 said:

Order deadline is end of this 17th of March @17:00 UK time. 

Thanks for this - really appreciate it. The order for this month doesn't give me enough notice, but good to know that this is an option.

Thanks again,

Andrew.

On the point of advice, I recently bought Maple tubes and have been filling them from a mix of sources (mainly Hatton Garden, Ebay and Silver-to-go). I really like them and have not, as yet paid more than 17 for an individual coin. I am really starting to like them. I also have been stacking the QB coins and recently got a couple of Lions and Griffins at a good price. 

I agree on the Oriental Border coins - they are overpriced - but I like them and hope that the value increases upwards as with the others over time!

Hopefully the next order will include the Valiants as I want to get a few and really like this group order idea. Wish I had heard about this sooner...

Andrew.

42 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The Valiants are nice. I haven't got one yet, but I may in the future. The 2018 and 2019 are both available from the Mint Bullion page.

A.

Got a 2018 Valiant in the previous Group Order, and am absolutely delighted with it - a really great coin, a cut above even the 10 oz QB series in my humble opinion, and one that I would whole-heartedly recommend anyone consider as an addition to their stack/collection

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Dear me - I am learning very slowly - what is the 'group order'? Can you please send me a link to the details? Very curious about this!!

Thanks, (and sorry!)

No worries @AndrewSL76 I'm still finding my way too. That's the great thing about The Silver Forum, people are always on hand to help out or point you in the right direction. 

The group order is a handy way to save a little bit of money on postage and generally the silver is slightly cheaper too (but not always). 

I took part in last months group order and added 10 x oriental brits, a 10oz Queens beast and a 2oz Queens beast to my stack and all of which are stunning! 

Looking to add a little more on this months order too.

Thanks @ram64 for sending the links to Andrew 👍🏻

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

On the point of advice, I recently bought Maple tubes and have been filling them from a mix of sources (mainly Hatton Garden, Ebay and Silver-to-go). I really like them and have not, as yet paid more than 17 for an individual coin. I am really starting to like them. I also have been stacking the QB coins and recently got a couple of Lions and Griffins at a good price.

Yeah I like the idea of filling a tube of maples too, I think they look great and in theory after factoring all the postage cost etc it's possible to pick up the Maples for around £14.50 (ish) a coin. So it may be worth your while considering one of the group orders in the future. 

I'm very jealous of your Lion and Griffin purchases......as I said I'm new to all this too and was late to the party as far as the QB go and those are the 2 QB I don't have. Premiums are way too high on these elsewhere but some kind Silver Forum person will list some at some point at a decent price so I'll just hold off until that happens I think.

Those Valients definitely have my attention now though too 😁

Thank you everyone for your advice/opinions. 

I managed to narrow down the choice (thanks to all you folks) and it was a close call between Maples and Eagles but this time round I'm going for some Maples, prob 15x2019 1oz to start the tube off.

I've also ordered a couple of QB too 😁

Thanks again folks

Happy stacking 

I recently picked up an Australian Kookaburra because I need one of that series for my bullion coin collection. Wasn't too excited about it, design didn't really speak to me looking at pictures online, more checking a box on my collection list. But when I received it, it is a truly amazing coin - perhaps my favorite of all my bullion coins. I'd recommend having at least one. 

Archived