• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sales Advice

AndrewSL76

Hello,

Apologies if this is obvious, but if I wanted to sell some of my half sovereigns, is it possible to do so on this forum? Do I need to sign up as a premium member to do so? If so, is it better to go for the higher level membership? I realise that trust has to be built etc.! 

Moderator - if this question is in the wrong place or if the answer is already published - can you please delete this and point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

You can post items for sale here if you are in the UK and Europe:

https://thesilverforum.com/forum/13-uk-europe/

I think having a good sellers profile is more important than the level of membership. @BackyardBullion has a good video explaining the importance of early trading and how you can achieve credibility here. Additionally, he also offers a middle-man service where he acts as an intermediary between you and a prospective buyer. 

When posting items for sale put up a photo of the items in question with your name and date written on a piece of paper. More details on how to sell can be found on the following page:

Best regards,

Alex

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

Having premium membership makes more of a difference when buying (you get access to new saes posts immediately rather than having to wait several days, so you're more likely to get the bargains. Selling is much of a muchness as mentioned above :)

Provided you price competitively you will likely sell the same day you post.
However as a newbie the problem is trust so most buyers might want to receive their coins before sending payment.
Do you actually have the coins for example ?
The risk is low ( if indeed any ) selling to forum members with a perfect feedback score and a decent amount of trades.
You can always sell to HGM or Atkinsons and get a few pounds less but without any risk at all.
Starting off with gold as opposed to silver is kind of jumping in at the deep end.

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Provided you price competitively you will likely sell the same day you post.
However as a newbie the problem is trust so most buyers might want to receive their coins before sending payment.
Do you actually have the coins for example ?
The risk is low ( if indeed any ) selling to forum members with a perfect feedback score and a decent amount of trades.
You can always sell to HGM or Atkinsons and get a few pounds less but without any risk at all.
Starting off with gold as opposed to silver is kind of jumping in at the deep end.

Thanks for this. I do have the coins and can post pictures easily etc but I would not want to send the coins before payment is made, but of course appreciate that trust is an issue hence my earlier question(s).

I will post pictures tonight with detail of the price I’d like and I guess trust is to be gained.

There will be eight Half Sovs for sale:

1982; 1997 Proof; 2003 Proof; 2004; 2012; 2017; 2018; and 2019.

I’m realistic about price but wouldn’t want to sell through HGM or EBay.

28 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I would not want to send the coins before payment is made, but of course appreciate that trust is an issue hence my earlier question(s).

Hi Andrew

It's understandable you are wary of sending coins before payment, that is a natural instinct. However, it works both ways and you need to consider the position of the buyer.

You are a new member with very few posts and no trading history. Would you be comfortable sending money to someone like like yourself?

Trust on this forum has been built up over many years and successful trades. I'm curious how you think you can build up trust without this?

It is an accepted way of trading for a new member to send the coins before payment to long-standing trusted members. The risk is virtually zero and don't forget, as a seller, you are in an advantageous position of knowing the buyers address.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Hi Andrew

It's understandable you are wary of sending coins before payment, that is a natural instinct. However, it works both ways and you need to consider the position of the buyer.

You are a new member with very few posts and no trading history. Would you be comfortable sending money to someone like like yourself?

Trust on this forum has been built up over many years and successful trades. I'm curious how you think you can build up trust without this?

It is an accepted way of trading for a new member to send the coins before payment to long-standing trusted members. The risk is virtually zero and don't forget, as a seller, you are in an advantageous position of knowing the buyers address.

Very fair and sensible advice - thank you very much.

I am very happy to do things this way because you are bang on the money - trust moves in both directions. 

Thanks again for taking the time to respond,

Andrew.

Archived