• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold queens beasts worth grading?

fiveshotdon

I have graded the 1/4oz lion and griffin and got ms69 on both. I have been forced to sell my collection to pay for building work but these two haven’t had any interest even though they are priced at market value plus cost of grading only.

What are people’s thoughts on grading these as I was planning on getting a complete set? Should they just be left in the capsule?

I agree with @Panda82 's post above, and have a couple MS69 griffins that I graded myself looking for an MS70.  I view the grading costs of these MS69s as the price I paid to get the MS70.  My initial plan was to upholder the MS69s, but I haven't done this yet just in case I turn out to be wrong about demand for MS69 vs. raw bullion.

Just a thought : if I wanted a graded one, why not buy a raw at market price plus the cost to grade it? Then I would have at least a 30% chance to get a 70 and increase its value. 

Instagram: gildeon_67

1 hour ago, Gildeon said:

Just a thought : if I wanted a graded one, why not buy a raw at market price plus the cost to grade it? Then I would have at least a 30% chance to get a 70 and increase its value. 

A solid point, but you could say that about most of the graded coins on the forum. Any of the famous 5 can be picked up raw relatively easily but they sell at a premium over the cost of grading very quickly.

Archived