• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How are the tombstone silver nuggets made?

4thelongrun

Hey everyone, I've had a 5oz tombstone nugget for a few months now and just got it out to have a little look and feel of it and wondered how these are made in regards to the frosted edge of them, the way it seems like it's just been broken off a bigger bar. The bottom edge of mine is pretty smooth compared to the rest of the edge and seems like it was the edge of one bigger than mine, so if they are broken off somehow do they just chip away to reach 5oz?

If anyone knows or has an idea, I am interested, cheers 

DSC_0065.JPG

Unfortunately I can't answer your question but wanted to post just to say how much I love the looks of the Tombstone silver. I don't yet have one and really should seek to amend that - perhaps on my next trip to Canada. I'd certainly be interested to read any insights other members might be able to provide about them and how they are made.

• Founder & Administrator

I have written to scottsdale to ask them if they would like to join the forum and comment in this topic, so lets hope they do :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

2 hours ago, ChrisSIlver said:

I have written to scottsdale to ask them if they would like to join the forum and comment in this topic, so lets hope they do :) 

That's great Chris and if they do pop on hopefully they stick around and give us some first looks at future releases as they do some great stuff

It would be interesting to find out just how they cast the “nuggets”. Hammering each nugget isn’t cost effective to my mind.

What would be interesting is to see two bars side by side and compare the finish. Cast they would be almost identical, hammered there will be differences.

Archived