• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beasts unicorn monster box +150 oz

Pippa

So due to the upcoming Brexit date I decided to take the plunge and get 400 oz of QB unicorns (fav as other have is Scottish) from goldsilver.be.  Unfortunately I have no self control, and was like a child in a sweet shop that knows there ain’t gonna be anymore (we’ll tax free) sweets.  

Hmm, I like that one, oh and that one, oh my goodness just look at that one.  

Short story as well as the monster box I also got a further 150 oz of silver on its way.

Anyone else doing a pre Brexit panic buy?

1 hour ago, Pippa said:

So due to the upcoming Brexit date I decided to take the plunge and get 400 oz of QB unicorns (fav as other have is Scottish) from goldsilver.be.  Unfortunately I have no self control, and was like a child in a sweet shop that knows there ain’t gonna be anymore (we’ll tax free) sweets.  

Short story as well as the monster box I also got a further 150 oz of silver on its way.

Now that's how you go about stacking! 

I just received my first 10oz Unicorn and 2oz unicorn as part of the forum group order. Stunning coins! 

4 minutes ago, Rugbyplayer said:

Now that's how you go about stacking! 

I just received my first 10oz Unicorn and 2oz unicorn as part of the forum group order. Stunning coins! 

They are just stunning.  The plan was to get Britannias but I thought heck why not, it’s bullion and they say buy what you like, right.

1 hour ago, Pippa said:

@Pippa don't mind me asking how many oz Silver do you own currently excluding the 550 oz just bought? I am buying extra silver about 170 oz but this not a panic buy and my overall strategy in PMs unaffected. I have target total number oz want to buy in both Gold and Silver, the type of Silver & Gold I want to buy and percentage family wealth allocated to PMs. Brexit has brought forward some additional purchases in Silver but certainly not panic buying. I already purchased about 70% all the Silver in my strategy and need to wait for future releases Queens Beasts before buying the other 30%.

I have no control over Brexit and therefore continue with my strategy on purchasing PMs. Post Brexit results in VAT Silver then I simply choose not to purchase any more Silver until trade agreements in place allow for VAT free silver brought into the UK. Regardless a Monster Box Queens Beasts unicorn amazing to have :).

6 minutes ago, Abyss said:

@Pippa don't mind me asking how many oz Silver do you own currently excluding the 550 oz just bought?

@Abyss I have 221 oz of silver and 3.5 oz of gold already.  I started last year and my strategy was to collect 100 oz of silver and 1 oz of gold a year.  I clearly exceeded that goal, I’m definitely addicted and need to rain myself in at times.  

The monster box just happened at the right time where I had a windfall of cash and decided to invest 1/3 in silver 1/3 in gold (no rush due to VAT exempt) and 1/3 in ISA.

I like your strategy, and I too am not too concerned with Brexit, just thought it was prudent whilst I had the funds to buy silver in bulk.

10 minutes ago, Pippa said:

invest 1/3 in silver 1/3 in gold (no rush due to VAT exempt) and 1/3 in ISA

Thanks @Pippa glad you have not put all your eggs in one basket and you have diversified. I was worried in your initial post that you may over allocated funds into Silver. Don't forgot to put anti tarnish strips and silica gel in the tubes try ensure Silver remains in prestine condition as possible. Welcome to the monster box club 👍.

1 minute ago, Abyss said:

Thanks @Pippa glad you have not put all your eggs in one basket and you have diversified. I was worried in your initial post that you may over allocated funds into Silver. Don't forgot to put anti tarnish strips and silica gel in the tubes try ensure Silver remains in prestine condition as possible. Welcome to the monster box club 👍.

@Abyss Great advice thank you 👍

24 minutes ago, Pippa said:

They are just stunning.  The plan was to get Britannias but I thought heck why not, it’s bullion and they say buy what you like, right.

I set out initially to buy cast bars, which to be fair I am most definitely going to continue to do so......especially those pesky Scottsdale Cast bars which I just can't get enough of.......must resist!! 

However I have found my self adding Britannias recently too (25x20th anniversary and 10x2019 oriental) which are a stunning coin and will add some more as part of the March group order and as I've said I've began to add the queen's beasts too!

So I suppose I am not too dissimilar to yourself, buy what you like/enjoy (although my buying is just on a much smaller scale to you 😂). Now I know that in the main that may not be the overall best stacking strategy but if we can buy clever and still buy what we actually like then in my book that is a win win 😁

Any way thats just my humble opinion for what it is worth 

50 minutes ago, Rugbyplayer said:

So I suppose I am not too dissimilar to yourself, buy what you like/enjoy (although my buying is just on a much smaller scale to you 😂). Now I know that in the main that may not be the overall best stacking strategy but if we can buy clever and still buy what we actually like then in my book that is a win win 😁

Yes I think we have very similar strategies.  My buying is normally on a much smaller scale and will return to such after this order, which is a shame because I could so get use to it😁

7 hours ago, Pippa said:

Me, but I still don't know what it will be yet

https://thesilverforum.com/topic/20005-bullion-kangaroos-as-stack-base/

10 hours ago, Pippa said:

Being a boat dweller at least you have motivation to not stack too much...you'd sink...lol.

3 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Me, but I still don't know what it will be yet

https://thesilverforum.com/topic/20005-bullion-kangaroos-as-stack-base/

It can be a conundrum, I was torn between Britannias and the Unicorns, I know the Brits would be better value for money (which is why I guess you were looking at Kangaroos) but this would probably be my only monster box purchase, so I went with what I like.  I hope to trickle fill tubes of brits over the next 5 years to acquire the next MB. Best of luck. 

10 hours ago, Pippa said:

When you get enough toss your lead ballast overboard and bolt the silver to the walls....she'll never notice....do not...Do Not replace the anchor with a cast silver one though....she'll figure you out when you cry every time you set overnight.

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

When you get enough toss your lead ballast overboard and bolt the silver to the walls....she'll never notice....do not...Do Not replace the anchor with a cast silver one though....she'll figure you out when you cry every time you set overnight.

The ballast in under the floors in the bilge, way too damp to keep PM in, maybe I could triple vacuum bag it? Now there’s an idea 💡 replace the ballast with silver, love it.

10 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Being a boat dweller at least you have motivation to not stack too much...you'd sink...lol.

I like the challenge, plus every pirate ship needs a treasure chest!

2 minutes ago, Pippa said:

The ballast in under the floors in the bilge, way too damp to keep PM in, maybe I could triple vacuum bag it? Now there’s an idea 💡 replace the ballast with silver, love it.

500 years from now some mel fisher wanna be will find the treasure of 'Pippa's Palace'...lol.

4 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

I have a mel fisher treasure coinmcoin my wife bought me from key west last year...a nice collection to start..treasure ships collection...start with atocha. 

I will look into that, thank you

Archived