• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz Silver Forum Bars (2019)

BackyardBullion
Message added by ChrisSilver

These are now SOLD OUT! Many thanks for everyone who purchased one. 100g Bars coming soon.

----------------

There are also the limited 25 max mintage 250g bars found here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/20092-250g-silver-forum-bars-2019/ for availability please contact Backyard Bullion

Hello everyone. @ChrisSIlver and I are very happy to announce the official reveal of the 2019 1 oz Silver Forum Bars!

Here is the prototype for 2019 and what you can expect from these bars

IMG_20190308_082453.thumb.jpg.8de5d0128fa1ef9ee81f5b8086ea3085.jpg

We have been working on the design year upon year and we have evolved the design one step further to incorporate an all in one "2019" year date stamp. I think these are the best looking Silver Forum Bars we have created to date. 

These bars are all hand poured, stamped and finished by myself meaning each and every bar is unique in some way. The weights will vary bar to bar (although none less than 1 ozt) and the cooling patterns of the silver will also be unique and different for each one. 

The allure of hand poured silver is growing stronger month by month and these bars are a brilliant way to start collecting hand poured silver and at the same time supporting the forum and my own business too!

There are a lot of different aspects to tell you about so I have split this post up into various sections, hopefully this will cover most of your questions but if there is something I have not covered then please feel free to get in touch or comment on this thread. 

What are The Silver Forum Bars all about?

The Silver Forum Bars (in all their sizes) have been created as a way to draw the silver forum community together but also as a fundraising and brand awareness raising exercise. Proceeds from the sales of these bars help keep the forum running in the way we have become accustomed to. Silver Premium and Gold Premium and now Platinum memberships go a long way to helping the running of the forum and to help keep the membership prices as low as practical, The Silver Forum Bars we make help a lot. 

Also, it is about raising the brand awareness of the forum and to encourage new people to join the forum and to make standard members think about supporting the forum by upgrading their membership or simply supporting the forum on a one off basis. 

Schedule, production and delivery

We are currently working towards an estimated delivery week of deadline of the week commencing 29th April 2019 for these bars to be made, stamped, hallmarked, cleaned, polished and ready for shipping.

They are all individually made and can be quite tricky to pour and make look good at the correct weight. If there are any delays or extensions to this I will let you all know via this thread.

Hallmarking

As with all of my Hand Poured Silver products these bars will be Assay Tested and Hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office. 

Hallmarking is a very good addition to any poured silver. It is your guarantee that these bars are indeed 999 fine silver and made by me in 2019.

Mintage & Serial Number reservations

The mintage for 2019 will be 200 bars. This mintage is set and will not change. We decided not to increase the mintage this year to keep the exclusivity of the bars as appealing as possible.

Serial number reservation is probably the biggest question that a lot of you will ask. Now, we are never going to be able to please everyone and to that end we gave very careful consideration to how we would go about serial number reservation. So the following is how we will run things. 

If you currently own a certain serial number then you will have first refusal at reserving that serial number for 2019. So, if you bought bar #75 last year then you need to let me know if you want to keep that number. If you do, great it is yours (once you have paid!). If you don't get in touch to let me know before Sunday 31st March then all remaining unclaimed serial numbers will be opened up to other people. 

If you do not own a serial number from 2018 but would like to get a 1 oz bar for 2019 - there will inevitably be some serial numbers available in due course. I will start a first come first served waiting list for people without a 2018 bar and we can fairly allocate available bars in due course. 

When the time comes to allocate unclaimed serial numbers we will be opening up a first come first served thread in April (a date yet to be confirmed). Any left over numbers/reservations will be assigned randomly. 

To join the waiting list all you need to do is comment on this thread or drop me a PM. 

I hope that all makes sense. In summary, you have until 31st March to reserve your existing serial numbers if you already own them. If you are new, or an existing member who wants additional bars then you need to reply here and I will put you on the first come, first served waiting list. 

Prices are set as follows

Standard or Non member price - £25 per bar

Silver Premium member price - £23 per bar

Gold & Platinum member price - £21 per bar

UK Postage: +£3 via Royal Mail Signed for delivery for just one bar

FREE POSTAGE: if you buy more than one bar 

International postage: +£10 tracked, +£5 untracked. For international customers we can offer £3 off shipping for each additional bar purchased above 1 (so 3 bars will cost you £4 tracked or free untracked, 4 bars will be £1 tracked or free untracked - 5 bars or more, free tracked. 

Forum membership and pricing 

As you can see there are some very good savings to be had for upgrading your membership - so take a look at the benefits that are available for premium and gold premium members today!

A few notes on pricing

These bars are hand poured, hand stamped and polished by me. They take a lot of time and energy and equipment to create. These are premium hand poured silver products, not cheap bullion. They are a way to support the Backyard Bullion business, my brand and most importantly, The Silver Forum. As I said earlier, proceeds from the sale of these bars go towards the upkeep and running costs of this forum. This helps keep membership prices as low as possible for premium and gold premium members and ensures that standard members can still use this forum for free. 

Standard members - The difference in price is as a way for you to support the forum in a one off style payment rather than signing up for membership. But also please feel free to upgrade your membership to take advantage of the discounts available. 

The price also incorporates the Hallmarking costs, this includes postage of these bars to and from Edinburgh and the application of the hallmark.

Payment Information

To secure the reservation of your bars and serial numbers you will need to pay me before 31st March 2019

If you are interested then please let me know in this thread or via PM. 

Also, I welcome all feedback and any questions you might have about these bars. 

Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting The Silver Forum!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Can I reserve my usual number please.

2 minutes ago, AgD said:

Will reserve my 2 numbers please 13 & 15 

Thanks guys!

Usual order for me as well please.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• Founder & Administrator

Loving the new 2019 stamp :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used mainly for sever status updates)

Billysilver's Detailed Trading Guide - great info and tips for new members trading on the forum. 

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Interested in Travelling?
Join our sister forum: The Travel Forum and share your journey.
The Travel Forum

6 minutes ago, terakris said:

Can't recall what no(s) i had, so put me down for whatever I had last year please, thanks :)

33, 111, 197, 198

1 minute ago, ram64 said:

Can I please reserve 8 and 99? Thank you.

If the previous owners do not take up those numbers you will have an opportunity to reserve them, but if they do take up those numbers will another two available numbers work?

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

If the previous owners do not take up those numbers you will have an opportunity to reserve them, but if they do take up those numbers will another two available numbers work?

Sure. Is there a list of available numbers (if any)? Thank you.

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

Just now, ram64 said:

Sure. Is there a list of available numbers (if any)? Thank you.

Not got a list at this stage, I will put you on the waiting list and then we can work it out in April when the deadline for taking up old serial numbers has passed.

Archived