• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cashless Society

PansPurse

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only those pesky ATM’s weren’t so low in the wall tho! It’s ever so hard to see the screens when you’re +6’ 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

31 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I’m a complete i...t because I choose to pay by card?  Thanks a lot!!  Love you too ;) 

I think some of it is a generational thing.  I  prefer cash but my kids are probably pretty much by card 🥃

I would suggest that almost 100% of the financial world is already cashless. It is just us minions that even have the option of using cash and that is being gently eroded. In 2-3 generations, it could well be gone, but not in my lifetime.

I hate cash and think it’s a waste of time. I pay for pretty much everything using my phone which relies on my fingerprint for security. 

But, I appreciate the desire to hide some expenses; for example, to disguise a PM purchase from the wife!🤫

One photo of your hand and you are busted ? There was a case of that a year or two ago....a politician I believe...so here comes double triple layers of security. When I was a youngun, the bank manager knew you and your family and your face and a quick chat was the best security.

Found it

https://techraptor.net/content/politicians-fingerprint-copied-photos

Fingerprints are no more secure than cash on the person, if not worse as it induces complacency and can be copied from a glass you were drinking from in a pub or pretty much anywhere. Terrible security if used on its own, unless there is encyption of a fingerprint ? 

2 hours ago, KitboyE17 said:

If only those pesky ATM’s weren’t so low in the wall tho! It’s ever so hard to see the screens when you’re +6’ 

Do what all the other big boys do @KitboyE17 - just borrow a JCB in the middle of the night and raise it a little.

1 hour ago, Goldhooked said:

I’m a complete i...t because I choose to pay by card?  Thanks a lot!!  Love you too ;) 

You are taking away your own freedom which is your problem. Unfortunately, you are also taking away mine. Not you alone but you, together with all the other card payers. Let me elaborate, there are two issues here:

1) The meta data. There is a nerd on youtube who could figure out which journalist at the German Spiegel (important fake news outlet, google Relotius) has most likely something going on with which colleague, just from the meta data of the Spiegel online, when where articles published etc. Card payments, produce more such meta data.

2) If there is no cash anymore - and the less it's used the less it will be accepted by busineses - if you are a dissident, your money card can just be turned off. It's not like this is a future scenario, it's already happening. Of course, thanks to you and all the other card payers, it will be much worse, in the future. (But it is bad already, if you don't feel it yet, you might just not be moving enough to feel the chains around you). So what examples are there:

There is Lauren Southern, whose patreon account was closed without reason (at least a made up one was still provided).

The Austrian patriotic activist Martin Sellner had 9 bank accounts closed down, without having done anything illegal. But of course he is guilty of wrongthink. He has a bank account in Hungary now. He is a high profile wrongthinker but thanks to card payers, it will be extended to low profile wrong thinkers as well. Thank you!

40 minutes ago, Mcgrimes said:

I hate cash and think it’s a waste of time. I pay for pretty much everything using my phone which relies on my fingerprint for security.

Send me any old cash you don't want, oh, and leave your fingerprints on the notes. 😋

10 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

@silenceissilver sorry fella, I do what’s easiest for me.  Selfish maybe but I don’t think too deeply into things like some of you do.  It’s cards all the way for me coz that’s what makes my life simplest.  Plus I’m not giving up on all those lovely Nectar points :D 

Lazyiness for freedom - what a deal! And it's not even an an efford worthwhile mentioning to pay in cash, at all.

Credit cards were first researched by British Banks by sending a chap to the US back in the 60s to find out what all the fuss was about. I know, because the chap they sent used to live next to us. So, it has taken almost 60 years to get to where we are with credit cards from that time. That initial research resulted in the Access credit card, for what it is worth.

1 hour ago, Goldhooked said:

I’m just messing.  I’ve got skin like a rhino.  I don’t mind being the forum idiot :D 

I can now consider myself in good company as apparently we are idiots together :D

I have never been a fan of carrying around and using cash. As soon as I was able to get a deibit card, I got one. As soon as I was able to set my phone up for contactless payments I did so. I carry some cash with me just in case but I use it maybe once a month.

The above being said I do like that cash still exists and think it will be a very sad and worrying day when (I don't think its an if at this point) it ceases to be widely accepted. I admit that clashes with my own preference as outlined above. I suppose for me its a convenience thing. I enjoy the convenience of being cashless even though I see the problems that could come from a cashless society.

2 minutes ago, Oldun said:

True. What Ii meant earlier re face to face was with your long term bank manager as in real humans really meeting. :) 

Yes I wasn't referring to your good old fashioned bank manager, simply the new fangled "security" for phone junkies😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Back in 19th century, America there was a certain mine owner who used to pay his miners, not with cash, but with tokens, these Tokens could only be redeemed at the town store, the problem with this? The town only had one General Store, and who do you think owned the store, that's right, the mine owner. That's where we are headed, the difference being, the mine owner has morphed into the banks.

Oh surely.....it is sooooo easy to bypass, it is ridiculous....meaning that several layers of security will be/are needed....the future is bright, the future is shite I dont even understand 😂

Archived