• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Zamiel

Silver coin storage - What do you think of my setup?

Hello All

So I've been  looking to find a decent way to store my coins that allows me to store them, categorize them and access them easily. Coin albums aren't really for me as i store them in capsules, so right now i'm trying out these plastic boxes. I remember someone talkign about plastic or rubber not being the best for silver so i wanted to ask for peoples opinion of my setup both in terms of will it affect the silver? At the moment i only have 100oz so i'm also curious about anyones opinion on how this would work with larger amount of silver. What works with small numbers of coins may not work quite as well when you are 100's or 1000's of ounces.

Cheers..

IMG_20190306_210602.thumb.jpg.3e8e7d9ebe4d31c439ba68501dcb6a14.jpg

7 hours ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Love the silica packs, way to go bud 😉 (for anyone who’s unaware they help against patina a major coin killer in most cases, as they absorb all the unnecessary moister). 

He's talking about these, which if you buy small ones, you can place one into each tube, or whatever is containing your silver.  They're very cheap and are highly recommended.

silica-gel-packets.jpg.dca1f6c17176af9dc834838c79533b61.jpg

Many people use tubes that are designed to hold stacks of coins, and most of the tubes will hold at least 20 capsuled coins.  In my opinion, they are better for organizing coins, since I store them in larger ammo boxes.  I can stack lots of these tubes in them.

air-tites.thumb.jpg.1cfed07a3fe992dc1509ad158c888ce6.jpg

Since you keep them in capsules the material of the box doesn't matter I believe. Add some silica gels and anti-tarnish straps and you'll be fine. Of course if they are meant to spot they will... 🙄

For most of my coins in capsules I use the Airtite tubes above. But your solution seems quite good as well.

On 07/03/2019 at 19:24, Gildeon said:

Since you keep them in capsules the material of the box doesn't matter I believe. Add some silica gels and anti-tarnish straps and you'll be fine. Of course if they are meant to spot they will... 🙄

For most of my coins in capsules I use the Airtite tubes above. But your solution seems quite good as well.

I went for this solution since it allows me better "visual access". Yes, i like to take them out once in a while and rumage through the coins :)

57 minutes ago, Zamiel said:

I went for this solution since it allows me better "visual access". Yes, i like to take them out once in a while and rumage through the coins :)

I think that applies to most of us.  😎