• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Most popular gold proofs at the moment?

TheGoldAngel

I'm interested in what the most popular gold proof coins at the moment are. I've already bought this year 2019 proof sovereign is there any popular gold proof coins anyone knows about that have good upside potential? 

16 minutes ago, TheGoldAngel said:

I have them all  actually 🤦‍♀️ including the sets, I meant any new coins that people were seeing demand in the market for that I may have missed?

QB proofs? 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

NOT at the moment and NOT just gold but here are a couple that are projected to be hot sellers from the US Mint for 2019:

Fall 2019 - American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Palladium Reverse Proof Coin

Date TBD - American Liberty 2019 24K Gold Coin

For those who don't have one in their collection, I highly recommend acquiring the 2009 US Ultra High Relief St Gaudens Gold Double Eagle (while they are still available at fairly reasonable premiums in the secondary market) remake based on the original 1907 UHR St Gaudens Double Eagle gold pattern on display at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C.

image.jpeg.816ca2f4ec1be13ee516ed9fbee91caa.jpeg

14 hours ago, trozau said:

For those who don't have one in their collection, I highly recommend acquiring the 2009 US Ultra High Relief St Gaudens Gold Double Eagle (while they are still available at fairly reasonable premiums in the secondary market) remake based on the original 1907 UHR St Gaudens Double Eagle gold pattern on display at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C.

image.jpeg.816ca2f4ec1be13ee516ed9fbee91caa.jpeg

Truly stunning coin have never owned a high relief I think I will purchase one from Apmax. Thankyou very much @trozau 

6 hours ago, TheGoldAngel said:

Truly stunning coin have never owned a high relief I think I will purchase one from Apmax. Thankyou very much @trozau 

21 hours ago, trozau said:

Techincally the 2009 UHR Double Eagles are not proof coins. PCGS and NGC uses MS designation. However there are a small percentage of proof like surface found, they are really sensational and commands a higher premium - I have one of mine here from TrueView

image.thumb.png.c7861887a7479df1e4c96a4e56133fd5.png

27 minutes ago, *tada* said:

Techincally the 2009 UHR Double Eagles are not proof coins. PCGS and NGC uses MS designation. However there are a small percentage of proof like surface found, they are really sensational and commands a higher premium - I have one of mine here from TrueView (below). Price wise I think it's a good timing as you can get MS70PL around $2840.

Exactamundo! The 2009 UHR St Gaudens gold Double Eagle was issued as BU only (no proofs), just like the 1907 UHR St Gaudens gold Double Eagle pattern it is based from. I own 4 (1 for each member of my family) in OMP bought directly from the US Mint on first day of issue (with the assistance of 3 friends due to limit of 1 per household rule when they first came out in 2009). 

Another favorite in my collection is the 1995 Jamaica $100 Bob Marley gold. Not for artistic or intricate design but simply because I am a Bob Marley and reggae music fan. Wicked, mon!

image.jpeg.af521fbdf49f96f5d06f8351c1710523.jpeg

23 hours ago, *tada* said:

Technically the 2009 UHR Double Eagles are not proof coins. PCGS and NGC uses MS designation. However there are a small percentage of proof like surface found, they are really sensational and commands a higher premium - I have one of mine here from TrueView

Incredible I didn't know this thank you for your wise words!

21 hours ago, trozau said:

Another favorite in my collection is the 1995 Jamaica $100 Bob Marley gold. Not for artistic or intricate design but simply because I am a Bob Marley and reggae music fan. Wicked, mon!

image.jpeg.af521fbdf49f96f5d06f8351c1710523.jpeg

This is hilarious 😂

Many thanks for the helpful comments.  Is there any great difference between the various 'sellers' such as Royal Mint, Gold Bullion etc?  Are any more trusted or better value than other?

Have found this an interesting topic, I wondered if the very expensive, but sometimes interesting Proof Sovereign Quintuples have any following- not that I have any or expect to!!

Some look very interesting (accepting that none here have a proof "Una & lion" sov) like Nelson or Victoria's 100th Anniversary; & some like the Queen Mothers memorial , errrr don't .  Any views?

7 hours ago, Caratacus said:

Have found this an interesting topic, I wondered if the very expensive, but sometimes interesting Proof Sovereign Quintuples have any following- not that I have any or expect to!!

Some look very interesting (accepting that none here have a proof "Una & lion" sov) like Nelson or Victoria's 100th Anniversary; & some like the Queen Mothers memorial , errrr don't .  Any views?

The Quintuple Sovereign is my first foray into the Pistrucci St George slaying a dragon design and I have both proof and BU issues. I like and prefer its big and hefty size compared to the other sovereign sizes. All my quintuple Sovereigns are the Pistrucci St George slaying a dragon design. I do not have any of the gold Crown-type Proof Commemoratives with 5 Pound face value.

16 hours ago, Caratacus said:

Would sell my house for an 1837 Una and the lion £5 😂

16 hours ago, Caratacus said:

I would highly recommend acquiring the 1989 £5 if you are building up a collection of quintuple sovereigns they are truly a marvel and the premium isn't anywhere near the single sovereign   

Archived