• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

A lot of trading on the futures market taking place today. My Chart on Gold GC J0 (Futures contract April 2020). Almost $150 dollar move up in price in Gold is rarely seen.

image.thumb.png.a30163a07bd4843c234eb6f99e0bfee8.png

1 minute ago, cinereus said:

If the prices are decoupled, instead of banging on about it why aren't you making millions?

How do you know i'm not?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 minutes ago, cinereus said:

I'd bet a brit you're not.

Really - how much do you want to bet?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...

7 year high USD closing price 

And the overwhelming majority of people still ignore this and cling onto their VTI fund (which OK, has bounced nicely today, but the long term Gold/Stock trend is clear).

9 minutes ago, vand said:

7 year high USD closing price 

And the overwhelming majority of people still ignore this and cling onto their VTI fund (which OK, has bounced nicely today, but the long term Gold/Stock trend is clear).

I'd be tempted to sellmygold but I'm not an idiot quite yet, given another 3 weeks cooped up in this house and maybe..lol.

The video starts where Andrew Maguire explains what is going on in the spot and futures market.

2 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Is that the Andrew Maguire Bill Murphy talked about when he went up to the CFTC? 

Yes

12 hours ago, cinereus said:

If it's so well known that there's no flow of gold to the US, why have people been lapping up this story if it's so trivially refuted? @LawrenceChard?

Is it well known?

Is there no flow of gold to the U.S.? What and where are the facts and figures?

Have many people been lapping up the story?, and which story?

I rather reluctantly invested the time to watch the video clip. I would have much preferred to see it all in written words. As I was doing so, the feeling I got was there were some facts in there, but there was also a lot of hype and conspiracy theorism.

Words like ruse, desperation measure, conspire, scrabble to hold gold down, banking system broken, and more, presented as established facts.

I also wondered who the two people were, followed by what were they aiming to promote. A few minutes from the end, they revealed that it was for something called Kinesis Money, which I had never heard of before. Of course, this may have been stated at the beginning, but I never saw that.

I noticed that some of the talk used a "vault" backdrop, which appeared to have multiple impressive but very old-fashioned vault doors in sight. Although these circular doors with many large radial bolts look extremely impressive, most if not all of them date back to the days that the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit was constructed. 

Do I sound cynical? Yes!

Chards

i posted the video for the comments Andrew Maguire - i am surprised Lawrence has not heard of Andrew Maguire. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Maguire_(whistleblower) 

3 hours ago, vand said:

Gold USD heading for its highest close since March 2013

Its still early in this bull market. You ain't seen anything yet.  

Wrong, Wrong, Wong @vand - you should know by now gold is going down hard.

More encouraging than just Gold bouncing, silver is rapidly clawing back its losses, and the mining sector has recovered very well from the selloff.

Anyone with exposure to the sector is well placed to outperform in the coming reflation.

Investible Gold market $1-2 Trillion vs Global Capital Stock $250-300 Trillion (equity + debt). When expected returns for stocks and bonds is high, gold does poorly. When they are low, gold outperforms everything else. GMO’s 7 year forecast has US large caps averaging -4.9% real returns and US bonds at -1.8%. Bottom line, when expected returns are low in other investments, gold is a steady store of value and when demand starts, it follows the same supply and demand issues that apply to all things that we are all well aware of.

Inflation and deflation are not really so much a part of the equation as people think. It is a question of being the least worst asset as returns from other assets decline. Then you have the demand.

Bear market stock market rallies have an average of 70 days and go up by and average of 22% before the rally ends and the market drops again to find a new low.

We are at 12 days and 25%.caveat, the market is designed to hurt the most number of people possible so dyod as this is about the who,e market not individual stocks.

Also, 10 year treasury bonds decline, gold gradually rises if you look from 2012 onwards as connected with above. We are also now in the area 1600-1900 where those who bought at the top almost a decade ago will be wanting to get out so we have to get through that first too.

Edited by Oldun