• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

On 07/08/2019 at 18:11, Zhorro said:

Yesterday an article appeared in which Wells Fargo thought gold was too "pricey" at... $1,425.  I wonder how much they pay their analysts to come up with this sort of insight?

https://www.kitco.com/news/2019-08-06/Gold-Is-Too-Pricey-Look-At-Platinum-and-Silver-Wells-Fargo.html

Now, "Wells Fargo sees gold at $1,500 as too expensive to buy"!  They certainly seem as if they do not want their clients to buy gold.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-25/wells-fargo-tries-diss-gold-fails

4 hours ago, 5huggy said:

FYI people - IMHO the "BULL" is really out of the pen!

SWOT Analysis: Inflows Into Gold ETFs Hit 1,000 Metric Tons

From here  - - ->>> http://news.goldseek.com/USFunds/1566835872.php

If Trump drops one percent off the tariffs the whole lot will come tumbling down...these are exciting times.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/08/2019 at 09:51, 5huggy said:

FYI people - IMHO the "BULL" is really out of the pen!

SWOT Analysis: Inflows Into Gold ETFs Hit 1,000 Metric Tons

From here  - - ->>> http://news.goldseek.com/USFunds/1566835872.php

1000 tonnes inflows of gold on paper - do these inflows of gold and silver actually take place? For example with SLV and GLD? Doubtful.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, silvernewbie said:

Markets are rough again today so Gold up still thing short term it will fall 5-10%

Drop $150 OZ.....think not, think it's going to rise over $1500 again in the next week then stall at 1500 -1510 for a couple of weeks...I can see silver crossing 18 in the next two weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am unsure going to see the next leg up in Gold price but technically looking like re-testing $1550 level Gold price again. Chart below from Trading View weekly Gold price in USD (free website use) https://in.tradingview.com/. Develops into the next lag my target price $1850. Easily just re-test $1550 level and then find enough resistance re-test $1400 level.

image.thumb.png.be31216d90c3759cdd121ca6191850dd.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2019 at 21:20, Abyss said:

I am unsure going to see the next leg up in Gold price but technically looking like re-testing $1550 level Gold price again. Chart below from Trading View weekly Gold price in USD (free website use) https://in.tradingview.com/. Develops into the next lag my target price $1850. Easily just re-test $1550 level and then find enough resistance re-test $1400 level.

We have had a nice breakout at the 1480 level on the 23th of december. Now, If we have a higher weekly close around the current levels (1540/1550), we could have enough momentum to break the 1560s. I don't think we will test the 1400 again now (it would be bearish) as the 1450 levels has been beaten for 1 month .

If 1560s broken, my target will be 1700/1750

Chart1.thumb.jpg.023f8d7bda1044f3a9e0f0da185eeba5.jpg

32 minutes ago, paolo said:

Yes, but i wouldnt be happy of gold price going up on these news. 

This has nothing to do with events but with market sentiment...In 2014 for example, with the Ukrainian revolution and when Russia took Crimea, gold was bearish...

Edited by Frenchie

"Don't panic" is a good way of looking at it I think... 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Frenchie said:

This has nothing to do with events but with market sentiment...In 2014 for example, with the Ukrainian revolution and when Russia took Crimea, gold was bearish...

Events influence market sentiment. There is a significant difference between conflict in Crimea (no one really cared, except the Ukrainians) and the middle east.