• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BREXIT

jacksilver

I've been happily buying silver from Goldsilver.be.and other european dealers. Now I dare not put in a new order because of brexit in 27 days!!! does anyone know what the future of vat reduced silver from europe might be. I've heard nothing from anyone regarding this situation. I know that this is not the biggest problem that we may have to face but for a silver stacker in the UK but it will be a devastating blow for all UK stackers if we are faced with 20% vat on silver. I think this will kill the silver stacking community in the uk. I would love to hear from other UK stackers on your opinions.

There is quite a bit of discussion on the forum if you put Brexit in the search bar. There is no definitive view. Some believe there will be no Brexit - currently it looks like it could be delayed. There are views people will take a trip over the Channel, they will get silver sent to Ireland and then take it into the UK through N Ireland. In summary there is no master plan or grand solution

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

If Brexit is neither agreed or delayed and we fall out on March 29th then ALL goods arriving into the UK from the EU will be treated the same way as non-EU goods are today meaning full VAT and on silver this will be 20%.
Instructions have been published by the UK government and full details can be found on the gov.uk website.

Knowing what I now know, in 1972 I wouldn’t have voted to remain in the EEC. Like others, I didn’t vote for the “United States of Europe”.

Never mind bullion, how the hell do we untangle ourselves from the rest of the web entwined in our legislation?

At least we don’t have to break free from the euro, (or do we?).

14 minutes ago, TonyS said:

t least we don’t have to break free from the euro, (or do we?).

we can thank Gordon Brown for that, if it wasn't for him, Blair would have had us up to our necks in the smelly stuff.

The one and only good thing Brown ever did. It must have been out and out luck, probably only did it to piss Blair off!😀

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Blair would have sold Britain down the swanee if it meant him getting a seat on the unelected commission, the problem for him though, they weren't looking for any war-mongers, well not at that time, the way things are going, not sure about the future.

18 hours ago, UKStacker said:

Further to Pete's comment, if no deal then EVERYTHING subject to VAT is VATable, including those 50p amazon parcels from China.

Good point raised here and ignored by the Hard Brexit cult followers: no deal with the EU means also an end to all deals with non-EU countries currently in place courtesy of EU membership.

16 hours ago, RoughDog said:

UK and common sense. 🤣 

Yep our feckless politicians are making a right feck up of Brexit, other European countries are also very worried about our & their very own unelected retards (Junkers, Barnier & Tusk)

Roughly speaking the UK is buying the same amount of German cars as the US & China, so a bad deal for us will throw tens of thousands of German car workers on the scrap heap. Will Junkers & his cronies give a feck about that, you know the answer.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

On 05/03/2019 at 13:41, Wonger said:

I can be over to France and back in the time the ferry takes just going out, so do not worry too much if we exit just chip in for some fuel and painkillers. 😉 

Is there a bullion dealer in Calais? Is Silver VAT free in France?

(Although, if it is no deal, this will technically be smuggling...)

On 02/03/2019 at 00:45, jacksilver said:

I've been happily buying silver from Goldsilver.be.and other european dealers. Now I dare not put in a new order because of brexit in 27 days!!! does anyone know what the future of vat reduced silver from europe might be. I've heard nothing from anyone regarding this situation. I know that this is not the biggest problem that we may have to face but for a silver stacker in the UK but it will be a devastating blow for all UK stackers if we are faced with 20% vat on silver. I think this will kill the silver stacking community in the uk. I would love to hear from other UK stackers on your opinions.

I placed an order with Goldsilver.be on the 1st march and recieved it on wednesday.  

I am mainly stacking gold bullion but as silver is so low i’ll add 50/60oz to my target for the year.  I don’t enjoy paying the 20% tax but will as I would rather have metals than not.

Archived