• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Australian Kookaburra: What do the critics say?

IndianBullionaire

Well, I've just nabbed my first kookaburra, a 2018 bullion version on eBay for £20 - a bit more than I would normally pay for an ounce of silver, but it'll give me a chance to have a good look first hand at one of these coins, and then make a decision about buying more of them in the future B)

@Fastnick you just made me realise...I haven’t bought a 2018 Bullion kook yet!!..think I better go shopping in the morning..

If you want to add to your collection at any time, drop me a PM..I have a few spares which you can have at a ‘cost to me’ price.

Cant go wrong with a kook!

12 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

@Fastnick you just made me realise...I haven’t bought a 2018 Bullion kook yet!!..think I better go shopping in the morning..

If you want to add to your collection at any time, drop me a PM..I have a few spares which you can have at a ‘cost to me’ price.

Cant go wrong with a kook!

@Kookaburracollector That's extraordinarily decent of you!

Thank you so very much ! PM on its way :)

Apologies for going slightly off-topic, but I've just received my very first Kookaburra in the post this morning (a 2018 bullion coin that I picked up in an eBay auction on Sunday), and I can see why these coins are so popular!

It's absolutely stunning! It really is exquisite, and the Perth Mint quality is superb!

I'll definitely be adding a few more to my collection over the next few weeks/months :)

2 hours ago, Fastnick said:

Apologies for going slightly off-topic, but I've just received my very first Kookaburra in the post this morning (a 2018 bullion coin that I picked up in an eBay auction on Sunday), and I can see why these coins are so popular!

It's absolutely stunning! It really is exquisite, and the Perth Mint quality is superb!

I'll definitely be adding a few more to my collection over the next few weeks/months :)

Not off-topic at all and welcome to the club! :D

There are quite a variety of designs, 2018 is a bit of a one-off, but the quality is always there and it's a cracking collection to try and build :)

I'd perhaps recommended the 2019 next as its current and it's generally cheapest to get these when they're out, plus it's a more 'traditional' design.

3 hours ago, Fastnick said:

look there for best prices https://findcoinonline.com/compare-prices/1-oz-2019-australian-kookaburra-silver-bullion-coin-9999

This has turned into a great thread.  I have only gotten into kookaburras in the past year but I really like them. Especially the proofs. I have a couple of the 5 oz. and they are really beautiful coins. I’m not sure that I will backdate due to the price as some have mentioned. But I am collecting the new ones as they are released. I really like the 2018 2 oz antique finish version. 

4FDB922D-4E5F-4893-AFFD-F3E8C61CF0BA.jpeg

DAD6C2F9-538A-4541-A648-D10AA04757F1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Fastnick said:

Thanks for the advice @kimchi - the 2019 one is definitely already on my list :)

It's a lovely one imo! A bit of a more 'classic' design so it gives a flavour of some of the older ones, but with a modern twist. The 16 and 17 are stunners too of recent years, such beautiful coins :) 2008 is a worthy fan favourite too, 2012 also superb for me...I could go on and on! :P In fact I'd be very interested in hearing folks' top 10s - maybe a new thread?

@Ablist what is that 2018 design, not seen that before? Oh I forgot I have some 2017 shark privies, I forget where those came from or what the mintage is, anyone?

@caloundracats look two legs!!! :lol:

8 minutes ago, kimchi said:

@Ablist what is that 2018 design, not seen that before? Oh I forgot I have some 2017 shark privies, I forget where those came from or what the mintage is, anyone?

Those are these 2oz series that they started in 2016 with the Kangaroo, 2017 was the Koala and 2018 the Kookaburra, I’m not sure if they will do the swan or something else this year. I just need the Kangaroo now haha! Limited mintages of just 2000 coins I believe. I’m not sure what the shark privy mintage was. Maybe 10,000?

0BFBED7F-12D6-4978-97D1-A3216635DDF8.jpeg

BADE3169-CDFE-4217-906A-E1F0F72E5961.jpeg

E32A49BD-4BEC-4F17-86C2-E22391FF241B.jpeg

6 hours ago, Fastnick said:

Yeah, kooks are great!

btw if anyone can hook me up with a 2003 proof 2oz either single or 2 coin set, I'd be very grateful😊

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

OK, I can see the embryonic beginings of a serious addiction here.....

I've just added the 2014 and 2015 bullion coins (huge thanks to @Kookaburracollector !) to my first acquisition, and can already see where this will lead to ;)

I have to say, they are absolutely exquisite coins and can now fully appreciate why they feature so frequently in peoples' collections...….

Archived