• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Be@rbricks

Japanese Limited edition figures it seems..hence high prices... 

My sister used to work at KidRobot and bought me a figure, was around £150 around 5 years ago, now it's being sold for £800-1000, somebody even listed it for £7k!!!! 

http://scarcetoys.com.au/kidrobot-10-les-viandardes-by-mcbess

Guess you can call it 'Art', even the Fashion industry seems to shows this too, by calling limited editions 'Art' like the limited edition Dior x Sorayama saddle bag...

Dior confirmed to Highsnobiety that the bag will retail for a cool $230,000 HKD, roughly $29,300 USD, produced in extremely limited quality and will be available at Landmark Men Boutique in Hong Kong and select boutiques around the world.

However, fashion items mimicking the appeal of art as an investment has been seen before. The Supreme x Louis Vuitton trunk from 2017 was billed at $57,000 when it was released, and then went to fetch $100k when it was sold at French auction house Artcurial the following year. When Chanel released its own bike in 2008, it retailed at $17,000, with resale prices hitting $28,000 just after release. Most shockingly, a super rare camouflage bomber from Raf Simons’ FW01 collection recently sold for a $47,000 on Grailed last year.

The point here is: fashion items have worth that extends well beyond their original retail price – much like artwork – and perhaps they should be treated as such.

So looks like Be@rbricks are limited edition figures which any trendy person would want to own and show off! 😎

Think @AlphaBeast has put it correctly. More mordern term is hypebeast for most of the stuff these days. However i had seen them for a while and wanted to try collect some. The most sought after are the 400%'s i found out today via a youtube channel. Main stream celebrities showing off collections of the 1000%'s often each a few $$$$.  

The 100%'s come in a box like you would get pokemon cards or lego figures in a series, you get a random one. Selfridges charging £7 for one. I have ordered from Japan a box of 24 for £87 delivered. I will post here when they arrive in a months time. 

Mainly they are there to be displayed and show off current street wear and brands. 

Where did you get them from? Wouldn't mind getting some! 

16 hours ago, JosephM said:

Think @AlphaBeast has put it correctly. More mordern term is hypebeast for most of the stuff these days. However i had seen them for a while and wanted to try collect some. The most sought after are the 400%'s i found out today via a youtube channel. Main stream celebrities showing off collections of the 1000%'s often each a few $$$$.  

The 100%'s come in a box like you would get pokemon cards or lego figures in a series, you get a random one. Selfridges charging £7 for one. I have ordered from Japan a box of 24 for £87 delivered. I will post here when they arrive in a months time. 

Mainly they are there to be displayed and show off current street wear and brands. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2019 at 15:46, JosephM said:

20190313_153515.jpg

A friend who well has too much money has a few of these but bigger versions, some of them are really smart and make for good ornaments in his flat. He also collects Supreme for investment purposes and amazing how much he can make in profit on some of these things.

i'll stick to gold and silver.

One of those crazes - prices go to levels beyond all reason and then at some point, may be next week, next year... in five years time there is a realisation the Emperor wears no clothes and the prices revert to intrinsic value. As was said on Hill Street Blues - 'Let's be careful out there'.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

42 minutes ago, sixgun said:

As was said on Hill Street Blues - 'Let's be careful out there'.

I will often say that quote after my weekly staff meetings...the younger ones look at me like I have a lobster crawling out my ear! 😅

Archived