• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Which is your favourite Queen’s Beast?

Serendipity

25 minutes ago, Abyss said:

My favourite is the 1 oz Gold Red Dragon  of Wales.

AE68C748-59ED-4A24-8486-1700274DCCC7.jpeg.a1fb112ad6cf230327a390930f6cea2e.jpeg

Money no object and I could only buy one then 5 oz Gold proof Dragon.

97076150-A50D-4F8D-A7B6-C1A746C948B8.jpeg.603a078d106c8fbdff5a527b6b42ace8.jpeg

Least favourite Falcon.

I’m a big fan of “Game of Thrones” and the Queen’s Beast Dragon is an absolute beauty! I don’t know how exactly but the engraver Jody Clark has somehow incorporated all the best movie dragons into that coin. Can you imagine how magnificent the British sovereign would look if the Royal Mint allowed Jody Clark to do a complete makeover to Pistrucci’s George and Dragon design?

Pistrucci’s St. George and the Dragon is timeless, classic, and iconic. 

I wouldn’t be averse to Jody Clark being commissioned for a one-off special occasion like the Queen’s 95th Birthday; I do think he’s among the best out there, but even then I’d be wary - a few of his designs have been misses even though they shouldn’t. 

32 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

I'd go with the Dragon of Wales followed closely by the Yale of Beaufort, I fact I like them all with the exception of the Falcon of the Plantagenets.

Ditto that B)

TBH I like they all and have trouble ranking them. Even the Bull which I think was my least favourite I find more and more "nearly on par" with the others.

I don't get the hate for the Falcon design at all.. it's well deserving of its place in this series.

The Red Dragon of Wales is my favourite I'd say followed somewhat closely by the Griffin. The Falcon is the only one that I don't really care for. I'd also add that I prefer the look of the bullion versions over the proof versions as feel the background detail/texture adds to the overall look of the coin - the proof mirror finish just looks too plain IMO.

What an excellent question. I like the first 3, the lion of England is the icon, but the Griffin design is my favourite. In the ounce gold it is incredible. My daughter likes unicorn best. 

I will have real trouble selling these even though I buy them to stack ounces. It was quite painful to sell my last stack for the house deposit and that was mostly bullion sovereigns and brits. I should have known better this time around :P

My favourite so far has to be the Lion (with claws at the ready). Least favourite so far is the prancing pantomime Bull (I think he should have been charging). My actual least favourite Queen’s Beast is Camilla - but she appears to be missing from the series.

18 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I'd also add that I prefer the look of the bullion versions over the proof versions as feel the background detail/texture adds to the overall look of the coin - the proof mirror finish just looks too plain IMO.

Spot on the mark @AppleZippoandMetronome - I totally agree. Well said.

I only have couple of 1 oz Silver Ruthenium coins Britannia and Silver Shield freedom girl but 2 oz silver Ruthenium QB coins look amazing and out of stock. Some on sale eBay over £100 per coin and no Lion in sight. Burning Queen Beasts 2 oz silver seen on Power Coin https://www.powercoin.it/en/europe/3348-burning-lion-queen-beasts-2-oz-silver-coin-5-united-kingdom-2016.html  these high premium luxury coins may end buying but with all high premium coins niche market.

burning-lion-queen-beasts-2-oz-silver-coin-5-united-kingdom-2016.thumb.jpg.a1ef4d68bcb4701168e5e3385264620e.jpg

burning-dragon-queen-beasts-2-oz-silver-coin-5-united-kingdom-2017.jpg.591025252a68db30ff4dc492a31e203b.jpgburning-griffin-queen-beasts-2-oz-silver-coin-5-united-kingdom-2017.thumb.jpg.1c458061bb3461cfc17220225a128a6d.jpgburning-unicorn-queen-beasts-2-oz-silver-coin-5-united-kingdom-2018.thumb.jpg.9f8d2a327cb1a2974de5f6cea3f818b4.jpg

Archived