• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

13 minutes ago, Tattoedamat said:

To be honest no idea but if it's what you're after and at the right price go for it

I'm actually looking for weight, not any specific coin or year. 

8 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Krugerrands traditionally have low premiums, they are manufactured and sold mainly for their gold content, it has been the leading global gold bullion coin for investors for decades, and the first one. They do high volumes.

Thanks for the clarification, but... Most sites have 1 oz gold kruggerands at over 1600 euros. Only one other site(that I could find) charges below that, at 1555.

So again, why so cheap?

Just now, dga00 said:

I'm actually looking for weight, not any specific coin or year. 

Thanks for the clarification, but... Most sites have 1 oz gold kruggerands at over 1600 euros. Only one other site(that I could find) charges below that, at 1555.

So again, why so cheap?

This site Bairdmint has remained cheaper than most other bullion websites during this crisis, good on them. You used to be able to find Krugerrands elsewhere at such a low premium, too, but since most dealers have hiked their prices due to high demand. Bairdmint will probably do the same if conditions remain the same for long or supply is interrupted -- which is very likely. 

4 hours ago, dga00 said:

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/1oz-south-africa-gold-krugerrand

I've been trying to figure out why this coin has only a 40 euro premium.

Can anyone explain the price? Is it the year/condition of the coin?

A quick reckoning:

that is €40 premium, divided by €1470 spot = about 2.7% premium.

We always prefer and advise to use percentage premium, because it makes comparison quicker and easier, across different currencies, and different coins with different weights.

today 2.7% is quite cheap, but not outstanding.

A month ago, it would have probably looked expensive, premiums for physically available bullion have increased in the past fortnight. This probably explains why you are seing some Krugers at €1600 (about 9% premium), the vendors hope there are panic buyers out there who will pay any silly price.

I looked at our current pricing on Krugers, although we don't have any in stock for immediate delivery:

Quantity Premium % Price Per Item Total Est UK Delivery
£1,348.62
£1,348.62 £6.00
£1,344.70
£2,689.40 £7.00
£1,344.04
£6,720.20 £10.00
£1,343.39
£13,433.90 £14.00
£1,342.73
£33,568.25 £33.00
£1,342.08
£67,104.00 £70.60
£1,341.43
£134,143.00 £115.60
500+
£1,340.77
£670,385.00 £487.20

We have slightly better prices for "one ounce gold secondary market our choice"

About a month ago, before it all kicked off, we had Krugers from 1.0% to about 1.9% premium depending on quantity, and from 0.9% on "one ounce gold secondary market our choice". We do this, or similar, when we judge that we have surplus stock, or if we think spot price is on the high side.

We do make an extra charge for picking dates, but that is more for the service than anything else.

Edited by LawrenceChard
more typo's!

Chards

On 29/03/2020 at 16:20, LawrenceChard said:

My colleague, Ian, thinks "minty" is too inexact to use, but I disagree, and consider that its very inexactitude makes it a perfect word, and very concise. 

Love it 😊

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 hours ago, silvernewbie said:

Hey guys what happened to HB sov just as i go to buy its gone?!  Anywhere else selling sovs for 320£?

Its been out of stock all week

Best of luck finding any at that price

• Founder & Administrator
5 minutes ago, mouldybread said:

just had a flick through Chards cheapest i can see is their best value newly minted at £327.52 + postage

£322.87 at time of writing https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-bullion-sovereigns-secondary-market/1990

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On 05/04/2020 at 01:33, silvernewbie said:

Thanks with delivery almost 330, which is still the cheapest online.  Maybe HB will be back in stock. I wonder whether the chard guy who posts here gives TSF members free delivery? 😇. @LawrenceChard

Ah, you mean H&B!. I thought you were talking about pencils for a moment.

This is the (pedantic) Chard guy.

I think there is a whole thread somewhere about Harrington and Byrne, or if there isn't, it seems like it. Most members of TSF will know that they run regular newspaper adverts offering the current year's gold sovereigns at loss leader prices. Most are savvy enough to know there is a catch. If you are gullible enough to buy any of their follow-up offers, they make their loss back on your first subsequent purchase. 

They also use "Bait and Switch", as some members know. It is probably illegal in the UK, and is certainly unethical. It is apparently very common in the U.S.A., where there seems to be a sucker born every minute. I just found the previous TSF link: 

I am not surprised they have run out of stock of 2020 bullion sovereigns, even with their artificial limit of 3 per household.

You might expect me to advise TSF members to avoid dealing with them, but no, I would encourage all TSF members to buy their maximum of 3 sovereigns every year (obviously, do check their prices), we do! If enough sensible people bought them, though, they would almost certainly change their devious policy, but while it continues, take advantage of it. So, my suggestion is, wait until they re-start offering them, then buy your maximum of three. If you don't want that many, I am sure other TSF members would, including us.

If you want to buy from us, I will be happy about it, and we do not have any limit on quantity. As you probably know, we also offer price breaks for quantity purchases. Welcome to the real world.

Alert! We do not have any in stock as I write this. We are expecting a delivery this week, which we hope will include 500+ x 2020 bullion sovereigns, but these were all sold a few weeks ago, and will get posted out within about 48 hours of our receipt. We are also waiting to buy at least another 1,000 of them to meet orders, and leave us some "free" stock. On second thoughts, 2,000 would be better.

Further alert. We do not know when we will get the next batch. We do not deal directly with the Royal Mint. It appears they have improved considerably since we used to deal with them, but they are still not renowned for being pro-actively informative, even at the best of times. Currently, we are still happy to accept orders for them, but strictly on the understanding that there will be delays in deliveries, and we are labelling these as "indefinite". We take a considerable risk in selling "short", but we hedge that risk against our other stock, and also by hedging. Last week, we bought about £1.5 million worth of gold, and yesterday we agreed to buy 4.5 kilos of new gold bars we were offered. There is a slight cost to hedging in this way, but it works to insure us against big jumps in gold prices.

I didn't answer your question (started to feel like a politician). I seem to remember we did one or two special offers for TSF members, where we offered "free" (included) postage, but that was when Lizzie was with us. We may have some more TSF specials in future, when things get back to normal.

We not only do not offer free delivery, but explain why, and that it is an illusion.

Here is a link to one of our blog pages: https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/free-postage/26

We mention H&B here: (I should re-read it) https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/2019-sovereign-information-and-buying-advice/335

Mainly  for fun, I Googled "No Such Thing as Free Delivery", and took a  screenshot: 

No Such Thing as Free Delivery 904 Million Google Search Results

I then also Googled "Free Delivery": 

Free Delivery 5 Billion Google Search Results

and lastly "Free Lunch"  

Free Lunch 14 Billion Google Search Results

I am of course delighted to see that our price including postage is still one of the cheapest, whether it is for 2020, "Minty", or "Newly Minted". I did not check our stock status for these last two categories, but if we are out of stock, we would probably not accept orders on them.

Thanks for the mention, I hope my answer was not too long (or boring). 

Edited by LawrenceChard
fixed typos

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

seems like these ladies have the right idea - in the lyrics

I'm sure 2 of them are guys.

Should ve gone to Specsavers!

not so sure myself!  🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

OMG ! just seen advert,on TV, for "direct bullion"  - they are going to GIVE AWAY "your free guide to investing in Gold! "  🙄

I think we can assume where the guide will suggest we buy from😁

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Who's got time to watch TV?

Well ok! 😉 🙄 🤣 -listening in the background,

whilst I am doing some serious backups and tidying of Pc files!

Oh and sorting out New upgrade CCTV security system - 😉

Next comes - a bit of a stock-take  - and update and correct spread sheets!👍

Gawd I am  so glad  I am locked down for next 12 weeks! - can final sort out all those tasks I kept putting off!🥴🙄

So you are quite right @LawrenceChard -no time to watch -too much to do ! 🤣🤣🤣