• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 7000+ members.

ChrisSilver

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

On 23/01/2020 at 18:56, richatthecroft said:

Of interest to some?

Although I cited above that I have a 1957 20 Pesos Restrike and that I am pleased to add an 'original' issue 1919 date- perhaps anyone holding a 1959 'Restrike'  might actually have a 1959 'Original' Strike of this coin? 

I guess eventually the riddle of the differences might eventually be definitively answered? But in the meantime, I'll likely keep buying them- I don't think its possible to tire/ ever have too many México 20 Pesos Gold coins in your stack 😉

Hello, I posted a photo of my two 20 pesos in the "Today I received" thread. I bought the coins from France. The premium was about the same as from Atkinsons offer posted above. I didn't really have a choice of what I would receive and I got two 1959 coins. I don't belive you can differentiate the 1959 original from the restrikes that were done with the same die. However, at some point during the 60s or 70 they started using a new die and the production was done at a new site. One of my coins looks sharper, the details are clearer. This might be hard to see on photos (especially with my bad camera). I belive the coin in question is a new die restrike, while the other is just a 1959 coin/restrike :) None of them are matte, of that I am sure. I love the 20 pesos and might buy more of them in the future.

3 hours ago, maminzlaten said:

Hello, I posted a photo of my two 20 pesos in the "Today I received" thread. I bought the coins from France. The premium was about the same as from Atkinsons offer posted above. I didn't really have a choice of what I would receive and I got two 1959 coins. I don't belive you can differentiate the 1959 original from the restrikes that were done with the same die. However, at some point during the 60s or 70 they started using a new die and the production was done at a new site. One of my coins looks sharper, the details are clearer. This might be hard to see on photos (especially with my bad camera). I belive the coin in question is a new die restrike, while the other is just a 1959 coin/restrike :) None of them are matte, of that I am sure. I love the 20 pesos and might buy more of them in the future.

Thanks for the information.  Here’s a photo of the 1919 received from Atkinsons today, and my 1959 Restrike side by side to compare. 

24366757-E9BF-4A50-9AA9-FA4AA8C47AF2.thumb.jpeg.f93f0ec2b5d0a5cf7de4033e6b451107.jpeg

6CB10739-A023-4392-819B-E3F7B1F27227.thumb.jpeg.3b2ff2a675bb89cb3031f7c3d019f635.jpeg

Hi I’m after a gold half oz coin for my collection if any cheap deals are about I seem only be able to afford and buy when the price is high lol , but yes I’m looking for any half oz gold coin many thanks 

1 hour ago, Aaronfredz said:

Hi I’m after a gold half oz coin for my collection if any cheap deals are about I seem only be able to afford and buy when the price is high lol , but yes I’m looking for any half oz gold coin many thanks 

Hi @Aaronfredz

Take a look at what the members are selling, you might find something there:

https://thesilverforum.com/forum/13-uk-europe/

23 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Royal mint bullion sale now with 30% off. 

Can pick up the gold standard coin for under £330. 

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/New-Releases

Mehhh

£1245 for 1oz gold. Britainias

Added 0 minutes later...

May have already been posted but BullionByPost are doing 20% off off 2020 £2 double sovereign coins

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/full-sovereign-gold-coin/2-pound-gold-coin/2020-two-pound-gold-coin/