• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 09/01/2020 at 18:56, Melon said:

Bunch of proof stuff on HGM website that may interest someone. 8% over spot for the boxed sets, 7% over spot for the £5 proof and £2 proof, 5% over spot for the proof sovereign. 

I wonder who decided to sell a bunch of boxed proof sets over-the-counter below spot? 😬 

Pete?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Una-and-the-Lion-2019-UK-2oz-Gold-Proof-Coin-Limited-Edition-225-Very-Rare/303441903449?hash=item46a68bff59:g:1tAAAOSw64ZeGlia

grab it while can!!!! low starting bid !!!! you wont find cheaper....was going to buy meself but thought to share it with you lucky people  🤣😂

H&T pawnbrokers have got a national sale on at the moment till February. 
in my local one I picked up 6 full sovereigns for £282 each. Then full sovereign in a bracelet that was £400 but had £170 of 9ct gold in the bracelet itself. 
Maybe it good idea to check your local stores. 

I never posted in the forums and just came across them now as I’m getting into stacking. So I apologise if I not done something incorrectly. 

Edited by JarOfDirt

2 hours ago, 5huggy said:

It's a "sale" but they've actually INCREASED the premiums since Thursday when there was no sale :wacko:.  The premium on full fat krugs was 1.15% for 5-9 and 1.1% for 10.  Their "sale" is 1.25% and 1.2% rsp.  I am of course aware that spot has risen since then but that shouldn't have any bearing on the premium percentage they charge.  Still good prices for a dealer, nonetheless.

18 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

7 off 1/4 Oz queen's beasts on eBay, £1600 graded and slabbed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14-Oz-Gold-Queens-Beast-1-7-NGC-Graded/13330931887

Just spotted these for sale, could be a great deal at £229 per coin, but be very wary when something is way below spot price. 

saw few listings lately saying no paypal ...to buy send us an email (like this one)

and some using other listings photo 

%90 seller fraud

Edited by Sovereign

17 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

7 off 1/4 Oz queen's beasts on eBay, £1600 graded and slabbed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14-Oz-Gold-Queens-Beast-1-7-NGC-Graded/13330931887

Just spotted these for sale, could be a great deal at £229 per coin, but be very wary when something is way below spot price. 

Probably about as dodgy as it gets. 

The seller wants enquires through email only, and they have a Peter Rabbit 50p on for £630!

36 minutes ago, evende said:

Probably about as dodgy as it gets. 

The seller wants enquires through email only, and they have a Peter Rabbit 50p on for £630!

I’ve noticed lots of these listings over the last few days, all with the same e-mail domain, all different names.

Nobody knowingly sells gold and silver at 10-20% below spot.It looks too good to be true because it is.

It doesn't always hold true as some guys just want to deal outside of Ebay to save on fees (which is understandable) but the warning signs for Ebay listing scams are typically :

1. 100% positive feedback but it's been made private so you can't see the item details nor the item value.  They set up another account and then list 1p items on their primary account and buy them with their secondary account (or vv.).  After the fake sales have completed they leave glowing positive feedback for each other.  They make it private so that you can't see all the items were 1p, making it obvious they've been shilling their feedback rating.  Most people don't look beyond a 100% feedback rating.

2. stating "No Paypal, bank transfer only" and wanting to deal outside of Ebay.

3. new accounts with little to no history.

4. accounts with high feedback but their history is all purchases and the last purchase was made several months ago.  The sudden appearance of a high value sale item is often a indication that the account has been hacked.

5. descriptions saying they're selling it on behalf of someone else, don't know anything about it, not sure if genuine or not, no returns allowed etc etc.  They know full well that it's fake.

6. fuzzy/blurry photos.

The above is probably old news to most people but might be helpful to the less savvy internet users when looking for bargains on Ebay. :)

1 minute ago, Paul said:

its a lovely coin in the flesh @richatthecroft in my top five favourite gold coins

Yes- I remember missing out on the one you sold last springtime Paul 😞  

But I have got a 1959 Restrike already and hopefully this 1919 from Atkinsons will be in nice condition 😉

Thanks again for the tip off @Sovereign

Of interest to some?

Although I cited above that I have a 1957 20 Pesos Restrike and that I am pleased to add an 'original' issue 1919 date- perhaps anyone holding a 1959 'Restrike'  might actually have a 1959 'Original' Strike of this coin?  

The mintage figures tell us that the odds are against this:

Mintage table taken from Numista

923261520_Screenshot2020-01-23at18_35_48.thumb.png.78befacd0f9dfb93232bb2bf2359c250.png

But before rushing to the safe to have a look at yours, according to NGC its inconsequential anyway! 

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/topic/69043-1959-mexico-gold-20-pesos-original-vs-restrike/

The question of the differences between the 1959 Restrike & Original issue has been discussed below:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/523060/mexico-gold-1959-20-pesos-restrike

I guess eventually the riddle of the differences might eventually be definitively answered? But in the meantime, I'll likely keep buying them- I don't think its possible to tire/ ever have too many México 20 Pesos Gold coins in your stack 😉

Edited by richatthecroft

On 23/01/2020 at 18:56, richatthecroft said:

Of interest to some?

Although I cited above that I have a 1957 20 Pesos Restrike and that I am pleased to add an 'original' issue 1919 date- perhaps anyone holding a 1959 'Restrike'  might actually have a 1959 'Original' Strike of this coin? 

I guess eventually the riddle of the differences might eventually be definitively answered? But in the meantime, I'll likely keep buying them- I don't think its possible to tire/ ever have too many México 20 Pesos Gold coins in your stack 😉

Hello, I posted a photo of my two 20 pesos in the "Today I received" thread. I bought the coins from France. The premium was about the same as from Atkinsons offer posted above. I didn't really have a choice of what I would receive and I got two 1959 coins. I don't belive you can differentiate the 1959 original from the restrikes that were done with the same die. However, at some point during the 60s or 70 they started using a new die and the production was done at a new site. One of my coins looks sharper, the details are clearer. This might be hard to see on photos (especially with my bad camera). I belive the coin in question is a new die restrike, while the other is just a 1959 coin/restrike :) None of them are matte, of that I am sure. I love the 20 pesos and might buy more of them in the future.

3 hours ago, maminzlaten said:

Hello, I posted a photo of my two 20 pesos in the "Today I received" thread. I bought the coins from France. The premium was about the same as from Atkinsons offer posted above. I didn't really have a choice of what I would receive and I got two 1959 coins. I don't belive you can differentiate the 1959 original from the restrikes that were done with the same die. However, at some point during the 60s or 70 they started using a new die and the production was done at a new site. One of my coins looks sharper, the details are clearer. This might be hard to see on photos (especially with my bad camera). I belive the coin in question is a new die restrike, while the other is just a 1959 coin/restrike :) None of them are matte, of that I am sure. I love the 20 pesos and might buy more of them in the future.

Thanks for the information.  Here’s a photo of the 1919 received from Atkinsons today, and my 1959 Restrike side by side to compare. 

24366757-E9BF-4A50-9AA9-FA4AA8C47AF2.thumb.jpeg.f93f0ec2b5d0a5cf7de4033e6b451107.jpeg

6CB10739-A023-4392-819B-E3F7B1F27227.thumb.jpeg.3b2ff2a675bb89cb3031f7c3d019f635.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...