• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

1 hour ago, Coolsmp said:

Its been a poor black friday this year for deals. Hatton Garden metals was by far the best but shame about the postage costs which then bumps the price back you. So all round disappointment!

It's because of the already low gold price currently, they don't want to give their stock away before a much anticipated rise in the gold price in 2020.

3 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

Its been a poor black friday this year for deals. Hatton Garden metals was by far the best but shame about the postage costs which then bumps the price back you. So all round disappointment!

They can’t do much more, they only charge actual postage costs, chards add extra few £ for their time.      I’m hoping HGM will realise this helped their sales greatly

14 hours ago, silvernewbie said:

I got a sov in end from HGM £268 and free collection.  They made most their stock “online only” in the run up so it was excluded 

To be fair they had quite a lot available when it started at the beginning of the week, it just got bought up.

It'll be interesting to see if many of their 'online only' listings become available after the offer ends. I suspect not. Had a play around adding high numbers of the online only coins to my basket to check availability - they seem to consistently come back with a round number of availability. My guess (and it is just a guess) is the online only listings are essentially reselling stock from standard dealers, rather than stock walking in off the street that we typically associated with HGM. Which would explain the round numbers of availability, inability to walk in and purchase in store (because they don't actually have it in their hands) and lack of discounts on those coins. I can't imagine HGM are sitting on exactly 125 Britannia's etc. But this is just a guess, will be interesting to see what happens after the sale. 

23 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

They can’t do much more, they only charge actual postage costs, chards add extra few £ for their time.      I’m hoping HGM will realise this helped their sales greatly

Yes agreed. I'd rather see the postage cost clear and transparent than rolled into the coin cost. At least this way buyers can make an informed decision and reduce their premium on spot by essentially choosing to buy more. 

HGm used to display the % over spot on all coins before they changed their pricing structure. I haven't bought from them in a long time. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I guess we can only go on personal experience and we all have our own standards and expectations to fullfil but I have always had a good experience when purchasing via HGM.  I hasten to add, I am pretty sure I am not their best customer, so not many experiences to share.  

Each time I have seen something that I have been interested in,  I call them up, and they have always being friendly and polite, they answer the telephone promptly and they have always answered my queries fully, for example- checked what dates of the particular variety of coin are in stock, and got hold of the coin from the safe and have provided me a condition report. 

I have also found that they are not averse to entering negotiations on price for 2+ coins- and I struck a great deal on three coins I bought from them just a little while back.  

Also, when something has gone wrong- they have put it right.  Earlier this year they cocked up the pricing on 1oz QB's Lion of England outside of office hours- (I think if you go back several pages it was commented on in this very thread- I think @JunkBond first saw the 'deal').  I can't remember the exact price offered- but it was around £1200 or perhaps less- and they couldn't fulfil the orders.  They cancelled my order, but contacted me by telephone to tell me so, and as a gesture of goodwill they did offer the Lion at what I thought was a still a very reasonable premium.  I declined, but cheekily asked for a reduction in premium on a Victoria YH Shield in lieu of the Lion- they were happy to oblige.  

I think the delivery costs remain the same whatever the value of your order too?     

1 hour ago, silvernewbie said:

The one i bought and posted above was this

however with the falling Gold price you can get them for 270 so this is in line with other places, plus HGM the quality is hit and miss, i got a 1oz Buffalo not in the best condition

I always have a look on HGM, but I never see anything positive about them and the quality of the Sovereigns.