• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

atkinsons the 2nd

craig12

I was trying to log into my account with them today but couldn't do so, although it let me change my password I still couldn't get into it. Probably will take a few more days for all the bugs to be ironed out.

It shouldn't irk me but the fact I have to click on every bleeding coin pic to find out if it's in stock or not is a bit of a pain.

I'd rather that snazzy colour coding system they had under each pic correlated with stock levels rather than if it's CGT free.

Apart from that, as long as they continue to be competitively priced, I can handle a bit of extra clicking.

The sub heading under the coins of 'mix n match' or 'bullion coin' or 'free delivery' is a bit of a mess.

They addressed the priced in p&p complaints by conjuring up the mix n match idea. I don't know why companies try to force new ideas to work instead of just admitting original idea was best.

According to HMRC you cannot use the VAT margin scheme on precious metals or stones; you can use it for second-hand goods and collectors items including numismatics. A second-hand collectors item such as a silver coin should definitely fall under the margin scheme, except that the definition of precious metals includes coins...

Luckily for the whole world, HMRC's powers only extend to the UK. Bunch of contradictory bar-stewards.

Had to ring an order through the other day due to being unable to access my account. Was trying to order the 2oz silver lunar horse that was showing on their site, they had to remove it from the site due to no more available. The lady on the phone said there were a few problems transferring data from the old site to the new.

Ended up ordering the 2oz lunar goat instead which should have arrived on Wednesday, had to email them to ask where it was and was told; "We have had a difficult week changing to the new systems and it somehow overlooked your order".

Should receive it today as it they sent it next day delivery.

As with any IT system being upgraded, there's always going to be a few teething problems.

I think the new site is an absolute disaster. I never understand companies who appear to make change for change sake. Having created my own employers website, (I'm still not happy with my own efforts, but then I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it come to things like this), I know what the problems can be. But the original site was fine, much better than practically every bullion site in the UK. And then they had to fiddle with it, with new drop down menus etc, and it's a bit of a pigs ear. It's a nightmare to navigate, very slow uploading, and all in all, in my mind, a backward step.

I used to look at their site on a daily basis, but I don't bother now, and I can't be the only one who is thinking the same. 

just to add my point to the thread, i sent them a detailed email of feedback on the new site my likes, dislikes & possible improvements on Monday (5 days ago) and as of today i have not even had an acknowledgment courtesy email of thanks or acknowledgment.  I am very surprised indeed, as previously they have been excellent. 

A big disappointment 

just to add my point to the thread, i sent them a detailed email of feedback on the new site my likes, dislikes & possible improvements on Monday (5 days ago) and as of today i have not even had an acknowledgment courtesy email of thanks or acknowledgment. I am very surprised indeed, as previously they have been excellent.

A big disappointment

That is very disappointing.

They let me down on one occasion with an order I placed a while ago, details of which I won't go into.

There was Kman's sovereign that I thought they handled poorly.

They refused to give me any discount for collection even though shipping is factored in on their costs (their choice, but annoyed me).

The bad website update is just a nail in the coffin for me.

Stacker since 2013

here is the email i sent from my 'sent' emails.  not even a one line - "thanks - we appreciate your taking the time....blah blah blahh......."

To: info@atkinsonsbullion.com
Subject: new web site & feedback
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:41:03 +0000

Hi Paul & team

Just a quick note to give a little feedback on the the new web site.  Overall looking good and the few new tweeks are excellent.
I like the meet & greet option now.  I will take that offer if i am ever down in the midlands i will pop in for a coffee 

Three additions that would be very helpful
1.  Could you possibly get your web bods to include a simple link or button for newly listed items to your site.  Whilst i appreciate a large range is excellent as i visit your site most days to see if there is anything new, i don't want to miss out on any new items listed.
I could 'kind of' do on the old site with your special offers & collectors coins links

2.  As delivery is now factored into all your prices, a mix and match function for gold would be a natural progression of your web site especially for factional pieces would be appreciated.
This past month with the gold price smack, i had to use a competitor coininvest in germany for x2 lunar series 1/4 horse & 1/4 goat to go with the 1/4 snake i got from your firm a few weeks ago
Even with international delivery factored in it was still £20 cheaper im sorry to say.
(This 2nd point has been my echoed & discussed on a precious metals forum i use and would be a big improvement)

3. Whilst i know different companies work in different ways to different business models/profit margins etc. but  is there any way you can offer a 'price match guarantee' for gold.  
Harder to do for silver with German firms offering almost VAT product now due to their EU loopholes they exploit 
Again i am afraid to say, I have used Hatton Garden Metals in past for some of my gold purchases as they work to simple model of charging a flat rate 3% for any sized gold bullion coin regardless of size & 4% for sovereigns.  I am not a person who can afford 1oz coins regularly but am happy when i can pick up a few fractional pieces without having to pay the larger premiums normally associated with them 

I have had very positive experiences with your company in the past 4 years and have never been disappointed with your service, however with these little tweeks i would have little to no reason to go elsewhere to competitors again

Lastly, it could link into point one.  I am not sure if you are aware of the forum that has developed rapidly in the past 18 months, now over 400+ mostly UK based members

It is specifically UK based and many member use have used your site.  If you maybe want to check it out, a personal involvement in the forum. ie special offers/notification of new stock/experience of the precious metals market/spotting fakes guide etc.  
You could do a lot of business for very little effort im sure.  

Members post deals deals they see on their web travels, and i have seen items sell/be bought within minutes of posting it. If you added new stock notifications via this route you could expect very quick turnaround of stock

The forum has some official sponsors already which i believe is only just to go towards the hosting costs etc.
Is the site owner and person to contact if you are interested in getting aboard the forum.

Point of note, i have no link personally to this site/forum and am just trying to give some advice as i know in my own business it is very rare for people to give you direct feedback, and to what you are doing wrong or indeed what you are doing right.

I will not keep you any longer today Paul, but i wish you and your team a good day

Best wishes from a rainy north east
Paul 

I used to look at their site on a daily basis, but I don't bother now, and I can't be the only one who is thinking the same. 

Me too

Why change something that works well .. and annoy the cr*p out of everyone

I don't like that they list coins at the price for a 500 coin order and with no vat

eg..

2015 Australian Kookaburra £14.18

buy one at £23.80

Good email Paul, deserved a thank you email for that.

It's a while before the forum has been going 18 months though!!!!

More like 8 months [emoji1]

oops !! 8 months is it really only that long ? lives and learns I guess

on the back of the forum post showing the 'sent' email - i sent a one paragraph "let off steam -  thanks for nothing email"

I got a personal reply in under 30mins from Paul explaining the delays.  (frantic buying this week & major web site difficulties)

So fair play ......

Archived