• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

atkinsons the 2nd

craig12

so the site is closed down and will re open tomorrow with a new look ,   didn't they do this before and put all the prices up

That's because it used to have postage separate and then they changed it to include postage.

Are you not going to bother replying to people who commented on your thread?

http://thesilverforum.com/topic/1959-are-we-dreaming-or-just-fools/

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a group of behavioural symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness.
Common symptoms of ADHD include:
  • a short attention span or being easily distracted
  • restlessness, constant fidgeting or overactivity
  • being impulsive

Anyway...

I quite liked the Atkinsons site, it was easy to use but it did have a few idiosyncrasies; hopefully they keep much the same feel but iron out a few crinkles and update the appearance. If they make it easier to get discounts on multiple items without having to order 2+ of the same thing, that'd be nice too. Edit: What HH said.

I never use them so not bothered, But The old cheaper model was much better, they may be getting more individual sales from more customers who want to feel secure with a UK seller, but I cant see any serious silver orders being made there.

Golds different as they can be fairly competitive.

I was checking them early hours this morning till noon and the spot was way off kitcos spot. Only after 9am did Atkinsons spot reflect the market. And their claim that this frequent mistake isn't reflected in the actual price of the gold coins is false as I triple checked and for a while BBP was significantly cheaper for a 1oz Krugerrand.

That being said, Atkinsons is still my preferred gold dealer.

I think Atkinsons were very fortunate to close their site today.

Wonder why they would not have made their website switch during the weekend when markets are closed ?

When I spoke to paul a couple of weeks ago, he was telling me what plans he had for his new site , there should be mix and match for gold when it re boots up, also he may try to match stg on big orders, monster boxes. Ive dealt with Paul since the beginning of 2012 and ive always got the best deal of him , I get very low price of him for say ten gold sovereigns , I've had the price for say buying 50. I always pop into the shop to pick up my orders, and some more while im there. So it pays to ring and speak to paul , he will give you a good deal. He even joked about opening a shop in Germany to compete with stg, I did tell him that I lived there for 15 years , I could run the shop for him. So lets waitt and see what happens when the site reopens.

When I spoke to paul a couple of weeks ago, he was telling me what plans he had for his new site , there should be mix and match for gold when it re boots up, also he may try to match stg on big orders, monster boxes. Ive dealt with Paul since the beginning of 2012 and ive always got the best deal of him , I get very low price of him for say ten gold sovereigns , I've had the price for say buying 50. I always pop into the shop to pick up my orders, and some more while im there. So it pays to ring and speak to paul , he will give you a good deal. He even joked about opening a shop in Germany to compete with stg, I did tell him that I lived there for 15 years , I could run the shop for him. So lets waitt and see what happens when the site reopens.

Well all he needs is a warehouse there, STG's office is in London, though will we be in the EU in 5 years?

Sorry HH got there first

The site doesn't seem to be working properly, they must be losing a few sales because of it.

Well no better time for a dealer to be offline & unavailable for web orders than when spot is one of lowest prices its been for many years

Why make a hard effort to sell more of something you may already have lost/loosing cash on

Call me Mr Old Cynical or one of those pesky Coincidence/Conspiracy Theorists 

Unavailability to order any bullion or simply hiking margin ups was common during the first of the few 2011 major smack downs across nearly all UK dealers.  

BBP back in 2011 if i remember rightly stopped taking orders entirely, reason being 'due to unprecedented demand and wishing to retain trusted customer service levels they were not taking orders until things are up to date/dispatched etc.' They went back online when spot prices had stabilized 

I think we can ignore the possibility of Atkinsons playing games here, as they have changed the layout and functionality of their site which doesn't happen overnight, but at least a few weeks planning and rebuilding both the aesthetic front end and the coding on the back end.  They didn't shut it down yesterday and then open up again the same as before.  For that reason, I'd put it down to pure coincidence that a large drop happened the day before a site relaunch.

Anyone else think the new atkinsons sight isn't that good on the iphone? iPad and computer ok but slow and only see two coins at a time is a pain. Wish they had a newly listed column on drop down menu also

It is slow

I emailed them and said it would be good if they could add a "new" section for newly listed items

Also asked if the proof section could have a gold and silver option 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

The new appearance is inoffensive, if bland. Seems that the school of 'flat interfaces with bold block colours' still has its disciples...

Navigation isn't as easy as hoped for, although you can still find things. The speed - or lack therof - is my biggest gripe. I hate waiting for pages to load.

Archived