• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 999 Silver Shot/Grain

Fluttershy

Does anyone on here have any of this they bought and wished they hadn`t?

I know it`s the cheapest form you can buy silver in and hard to off load, so if you have any and the price is good, let me know ;)

also if there`s anywhere that you can buy it VAT free would be even better for me, as I need a regular supply of this stuff.

yes, I think you need to turnover about 70k to eligible for VAT registration.

I wondered if there was some place like STG in the EU that sold it, I`m sure there must be?

anyway, i bought a kilo of it today, the VAT was £69 :(

it greives me to pay it now I`v been spoiled with STG purchases.

I could cut one up and melt each quarter and pour it into water to make shot, but I wouldn`t have the heart to do it.

although I`v run out of silver and was a little tempted to just grab a bar out my stack, by the time I`d got it in the vise and picked up the hacksaw I just couldn`t do it, in fact I started feeling sorry for it!

It just means that I need to have 2 stacks really, one that`s for keeping, and one that`s for using, that`ll keep things nice and simple :)

chards ie 24carat.co.uk does 50% silver coin bags by the 10kg

for close to spot. you could ask them to see if they could do

something more suitable for what you want, it could work

out if they could see that you could be a returning customer.

their prices for second hand silver should be vat free.

HH

• 11 months later...

yes, I think you need to turnover about 70k to eligible for VAT registration.

I wondered if there was some place like STG in the EU that sold it, I`m sure there must be?

anyway, i bought a kilo of it today, the VAT was £69 :(

it greives me to pay it now I`v been spoiled with STG purchases.

Hi Can I query what or who you mean by STG?

You actually don't need to turn over £70k for VAT. That's for compulsary registration. If you are a business you can apply for voluntary registration but you have to fill in a monthly return etc. Although you can recoup VAT expenses, you have to charge VAT on sales also.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I may be out if date about VAT registration for small businesses, but my understanding was if your business exceeded a certain turnover, say £60k, you HAD to be VAT registered. That does not prevent you registering for VAT if your turnover is less.

Of course you could recover VAT in your returns ( I also believe you can back claim VAT pre-registration but that needs checking ), HOWEVER if VAT registered you have to charge your customers so your prices rise by 20%.

Archived