• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia 2017 20 OZ PF69 PRICE CHECK

StackSellRepeat

8 minutes ago, Silviam said:

Wouldn't pay more than £500 for 20 ounces myself, and plus I don't think it's worth putting that amount of money into a single coin, especially a modern production rated MS69

Yh at some aspect I do agree with you not paying too much of a high premium on a modern production, but with it being abnormal weight class with a low mintage I’m sure this should be valued slighly more ? Would love to hear everybody’s views if possible, @Silviam appreciate your input :) 

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

30 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Would anyone know a realistic price for this beautifully overpriced coin?

Mmm- around £74 per oz plus shipping and Import duties- This years Britannia 1Kg works out significantly less per oz at around £65 oz with a 115 mintage- and we don't blink an eyelid paying for our favourite 1oz Proof Silver coins at £40- £50- £60- £85 per oz!- and not forgetting the RM just sold 25K units of the Gruffalo in only a few hours-  at over three times the price per oz as the coin you are asking for views of pricing!    

For me, these very special coins and for that matter, any object 'scarce' and unique are worth what people are prepared to pay- the right man/woman who desires the coin/object will pay what it takes to get it- I've attended sale-rooms and watched online auctions in disbelief on many an occasion, as the hammer falls at what I would think is a hugely inflated price- but then again, I'm certain that I have paid far, far in excess of what an item is actually 'worth' on more than one occasion.  

Not helpful to you-  but I don't think you can put a very accurate price guide on this type of coin- I'm guessing it cost around this price the day it was minted- not my favourite design, but each to their own.  These items are not sold because they are good value or in terms of intrinsic value.    

2 hours ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Ungraded they are going for around $1400. A PF70 UC should fetch top dollar but this coin already has a few negatives going on. The design wasn't very popular for starters and now they make a 20 oz. version which reduces the quantifiable buyers market by even less. Your now trying to sell a coin to a subset of a subset of possible buyers. There is a reason MCM still has them in stock, its a very small few who actually want that coin. The royal mint still has the one ounce and five ounce 2017's IN STOCK!  That tells me they are VERY unpopular. Only 7500 one ounce minted and they have only sold 65% of the original stock. That is pathetic!  Don't fall for mintage numbers either its all a sales gimmick. If they mint a coin that has a mintage number of 10 and nobody wants it, it really becomes irrelevant. If you really want to know what a coin is worth, before you buy it, call around to the places you would sell to and see how much they will pay you for it. Call MCM tomorrow and tell them you have that coin in that same configuration and ask them what they will pay you for it. Prepare to be shocked because what you can sell it for is what it is really worth. In fact I challenge everyone on this forum to do that exact exercise BEFORE every purchase. It keeps things in perspective. Liquidity should be at the forefront of every purchase...

Right now I can get 111 one ounce 2019 silver Brits for $2000.00   Which is better? 20oz. or 111ozs.?  Even if a guy were never to sell and pass it down to his kids, in 40 years at that ratio they would have thousands of ounces of extremely liquid coins instead of a bunch of one off hard to sell trinket's.

Archived