• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's your favourite 10oz piece?

Gedmunds

Thought I'd get my 10oz-ers out for an audit (ogle at) and wondered if you guys and gals have any favourites hidden away and why 10oz over the other sizes? 

So I've gone heavy (for me) on the Queens Beast 10oz and really looking forward to the new Yale design next year at some point - it's so god damn ugly I think it'll actually look pretty cool on a 10oz! Love the 10oz Britannia Bar too.

20190219_211353.jpg

6 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

I'm keenly awaiting the arrival of the 10oz Valiant that's coming in the latest Group Order - they look fab online and others who have acquired them seem very impressed......

It's a lovely coin and routinely cheaper than most other 10oz-ers but...... the Welshman in me feels uneasy by it

@Gedmunds I prefer the 10 oz Queens Beasts Coins / Valiant 10 oz coin (I like this the best) and the 10 oz Britannia Bars (have all these in my stack very good for adding oz to the stack). Both upside and downsides to collecting just generic bars and the larger coins. Yes could get blemishes/marks on the coins that affect their resale value but these coins have a greater potential for premium appreciation as oppose generic bars often sell close to spot (correct me if I am wrong as not researched silver cast bars).

Fancy more of an ogle then scroll to the bottom of URL below you can see my 10 oz in Royal Mint Boxes.

https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?page=481&tab=comments#comment-211674

Just now, AuricGoldfinger said:

I like the 10oz pamp the most.

I had room one extra lady in my life (apart from my wife) and it was between Lady Britannia and Pamp Suisse Lady Fortuna, I choose Lady Britannia 10 oz bars :).

My only 10oz is a valiant and I love it but need more in my stack looking to get Britannia bar, pamp and Scottsdale. If I could afford to I’d back date the 10oz queens beast but premiums are too high. 

The only 10ozt I have are Pamp Fortuna. I really want a Valiant but I don't know how susceptible they'll be to tarnishing, spotting, etc. I imagine (perhaps undeservedly) that my Pamps have a low chance of any of these problems, relatively speaking. 

Archived