• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

So, who got a grufallo?

lightjaw

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I'm feeling left out :( 

If your quick, (it says 90% reserved) buy one here, they’re only a tenner extra including postage:

https://www.islandstampsandcoins.co.uk/the-gruffalo-2019-uk-50p-silver-proof-coin.html

@arshimo2012 posted this link yesterday, I bought an extra one from them. 

2 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

If your quick, buy one here, they’re only a tenner extra including postage:

https://www.islandstampsandcoins.co.uk/the-gruffalo-2019-uk-50p-silver-proof-coin.html

@arshimo2012 posted this link yesterday, I bought an extra one from them. 

I got an order in with Royal Mint on the night - I'm feeling left out for not receiving my dispatch confirmation email :D 

2 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

I'm feeling left out :( 

I know the feeling..until 2 mins ago. My order went from open to closed but states ‘invoiced’, so I am assuming it’s Thunderbirds are Go!

Hopefully yours will go the same way very soon.

Or

Hype dies down and you pick up a gold for £500 🤑🤑🤑🤑

16 hours ago, Murph said:

Give it a while and pick one up for less than release price.  That's what I usually do if I like the look of something.

Recently picked up a couple of Queen's beast proofs for less than release price.

Bought one at Mint price in case the train left the station and made sure I had a ticket for £65 (you gotta pay to play) and if the train gets shunted into the sidings, and the ticket has cost me £30 too much, then buy a couple more later at the lower prices to cost price average down.....to make up some character sets with some other doubles I have.....

I other words, I am spending £30 for a train ticket to not miss a run like the 2016 rabbit...better odds than a lottery ticket and you have a £30 coin no matter what, possibly highr if put in a set of characters from other series.....and with a 3 year old daughter in tow, I am a hero ! Win win :) Learning my lessons bit by bit.....everyone has different reasons for this hobby.....just like everything else in life.....

Mine just arrived too, in a box filled with Wotsits. They weren't very tasty though...

The coin's nice though. It's the first one I've got in the acrylic display case. I much prefer it to the old fashioned presentation boxes. Not sure about the printing on the case though- since it is printed directly on the back of the acrylic I wonder if it will wear off in time if it gets handled too much.

IMG_8289.JPG

40 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Account this morning just stated order open and invoiced.  Nothing showing on credit card transaction statement.

I have not got a despatched email!

Then postman just called with a parcel.....

2 x Silver

1x Gold

YABADABADOOOOOO!😀😀😀😀

My order is showing the same so hopefully it will arrive today too.

I would sell now if you bought more than you want yourself or as gifts for others (i.e. flipping), I would maybe keep one extra at most to see how they do.

By itself in your collection I would say never expect to sell at more than you paid, so if you are happy to keep one for what you did pay then do so and enjoy this lovely coin! If they should appreciate then that is also a lovely surprise!

I think they got the mintage about right for this one. Shouldn't depreciate or appreciate much (after the frenzy) imho.

'A Coin For the Real Coinsters amongst us', as Grumpy Dave the Turtle might say! :)

I am happy with mine, one for sale now, keep the other 3 and see how it goes Kimchi, I have a feeling people have been too quick to flip and maybe the real Coinster,s are mopping up all these coins just like they did with the Kew Gardens 50p that Know one was interested in and Peter Rabbit 2016 colour coin. I Purchased these coins because I had a Gut feeling about them, I get the same Feeling about the Gruffalo 50p, only time will tell ?? P.S. Grumpy Dave will be back on your screens next week Coinster,s  Boooom !!!!!!!!!!!

Archived