• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Yale of Beaufort - Queen's Beasts

Wouter06

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was always going to be a challenging design given the nature of the beast (so to speak). Personally I think the end result is pretty unattractive as a coin if only because the creature itself is pretty hideous. I'll get one for completeness at least but not for aesthetics.

That said, the least attractive coin in a series will often undersell and end up being worth more long-term due to supply and demand as people in future try to put together sets.

BTW here's the gold version:

https://www.lpm.hk/2019-1-oz-uk-the-queen-s-beasts-the-yale-of-beaufort-9999-gold-bullion-coin.html

Gold Queen's Beasts 7 Yale 1oz image.jpg

Just now, Gildeon said:

Seems to suffer from some kind of dermatic condition! 

Other than that not very pretty but in alignment with the general style of the series. Much more than the falcon at least. 

I was just thinking that beast must have a terrible disease. 😆

I think it's really bada**. Much better than I dared to hope and I'll certainly buy. A winner, imo. 👍

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

48 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Coming out March I think but others may know more than I

Anybody know? I've still to pick up the falcon and have been waiting for a drop in gold spot, don't want to get caught on the the inevitably price bump. 

Might as well learn some history while looking or collecting...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen's_Beasts

of BeaufortEdit

Beaufort Portcullis Badge of the Tudors.svg

The Yale was a mythical beast, supposedly white and covered with gold spots and able to swivel each of its horns independently. It descends to the Queen through Henry VII, who inherited it from his mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort. The shield shows a portcullis surmounted by a royal crown. The portcullis (uncrowned) was a Beaufort badge, but was used both crowned and uncrowned by Henry VII.[14]

Added 0 minutes later...
1 minute ago, MHoppy said:

Anybody know? I've still to pick the falcon and have been waiting for a drop in gold spot, don't want to get caught on the the inevitably price bump. 

Pretty sure it is March ;)

8 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Might as well learn some history while looking or collecting...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen's_Beasts

of BeaufortEdit

Beaufort Portcullis Badge of the Tudors.svg

The Yale was a mythical beast, supposedly white and covered with gold spots and able to swivel each of its horns independently. It descends to the Queen through Henry VII, who inherited it from his mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort. The shield shows a portcullis surmounted by a royal crown. The portcullis (uncrowned) was a Beaufort badge, but was used both crowned and uncrowned by Henry VII.[14]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_(mythical_creature)

Archived