• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

It's almost time for my first gold sovereign

SavageStacker

Places like Hatton Garden have lucky-dip style bullion sovereigns (you may get anything from a Victorian to a modern bullion one) that are usually pretty affordable. But I also try to keep a close eye on the sales threads on the forums. Sovereigns at close to spot crop up semi-frequently but tend to get snapped up. You could maybe post a "wanted" thread in the sales section?

59 minutes ago, vicamy said:

Just saw your location is in Japan, so no sure UK deal is good for you?

@PansPurse is right. A ‘wanted’ thread in sales section may help. Also, check the Gold Deal thread.

That's right, although I do have access to a US post office box, so I can have mail shipped "domestically" from either Japan or the States.  Thanks for the Gold Deal thread tip.  I'm new here and still trying to find my way around the site!

@Marc might be able to give some pointers..

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Horses courses - but my fave is 1958 - 1966 Sovs. Mostly are in good condition, and the young Elizabeth is a cracker of a portrait. George and the dragon is also beautifully defined unlike the bullion sovs from the early naughties onwards. 

Good luck to you. 

Best

dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Archived