• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stephen Hawking 50p

h103efa

33 minutes ago, terakris said:

Well mine arrived... its on the verge of being sent back as the quality isnt what it should be. Spec in the middle of the queens face and the lines around the black whole are all patchy. Maybe they struggle with this design. I'll try and post some pics;

image.thumb.png.13936b5bed2de743587a07a5ee202690.png

image.thumb.png.055da152548784b668c0c7cc8ed8d420.png

image.thumb.png.970c6d534c6895b325f110144a7d4e19.png

image.png.ba9f7eea8310889fbea7bf6e46a0fef8.png

Nice photos. Which silver proof is that?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

And now the RM have just announced a new Peter Rabbit coin for 19 March.........#relentless.

I think we are coming up to the Royal Mint's financial year end (31/3?) so that may explain the latest surge.  

But don't worry we still have another set of five 50ps celebrating fifty years of the 50p to come...  and maybe even the Brexit 50p!

6 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I think we are coming up to the Royal Mint's financial year end (31/3?) so that may explain the latest surge.  

But don't worry we still have another set of five 50ps celebrating fifty years of the 50p to come...  and maybe even the Brexit 50p!

Finally a coin i'm not bothered about one bit - The Peter Rabbit!

Not too bothered by the set either - will think about the Brexit one i guess!

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

Might not be a 50p, probably a £2 coin!

1 hour ago, terakris said:

Thats the gold lol. just the photos make it look silver.

That's a real shame. A lot of us know it's very disappointing to receive a substandard coin from the Mint, but even more so when you spend a lot of money on a very low mintage gold issue. I hope they can replace it. Does anyone know if the Mint hold some stock back for such instances, surely so? I doubt there's any Quality Control department as such, more so a "if you happen to notice anything wrong with a coin in the normal course of your duties then just put it to one side" approach.  Hope you get the replacement coin you deserve @terakris

14 minutes ago, Sal said:

what power magnification?

30x although i can see with my eye so its not great.

4 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

That's a real shame. A lot of us know it's very disappointing to receive a substandard coin from the Mint, but even more so when you spend a lot of money on a very low mintage gold issue. I hope they can replace it. Does anyone know if the Mint hold some stock back for such instances, surely so? I doubt there's any Quality Control department as such, more so a "if you happen to notice anything wrong with a coin in the normal course of your duties then just put it to one side" approach.  Hope you get the replacement coin you deserve @terakris

I spoke to them and they said damaged ones would get replaced. So I've sent it back and see what comes back i guess. Although looking in the today i received thread, someone else posted one and it had similar issues to the reverse of mine so maybe they are all like that... but  the spot on the queens face isnt good so would have gone back regardless.

1 hour ago, h103efa said:

Not too bothered by the set either - will think about the Brexit one i guess!

The Brexit coin may or may not happen, H.  Let's take a vote on it. Then another. And another. 😂

17 minutes ago, RoughDog said:

Need to take a vote on whether to have another vote.

i don't think the coin would sell very well. i hear the price is somewhere around £39 billion.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, terakris said:

Well mine arrived... its on the verge of being sent back as the quality isnt what it should be. Spec in the middle of the queens face and the lines around the black whole are all patchy. Maybe they struggle with this design. I'll try and post some pics;

image.thumb.png.13936b5bed2de743587a07a5ee202690.png

This is part of the design. It's space dust.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

i don't think the coin would sell very well. i hear the price is somewhere around £39 billion.

And counting...

I understand this is completely off topic but I'm still getting my head around the vote last night alerting the EU to the fact that we are at their complete mercy in terms of any further negotiations, them knowing explicitly that we won't leave without a mutual agreement.   

I learnt around 50 years ago, when I was a very small child, that negotiations don't always result in a deal.  

Am I missing something?  

10 minutes ago, sixgun said:

They get the money back in 1,114.29 weeks or 24.43 years.  Instead of the payments.

1 minute ago, RoughDog said:

They get the money back in 1,114.29 weeks or 24.43 years.  Instead of the payments.

Sadly in 25 years time £39 billion will only buy you a loaf of bread.

proxy.duckduckgo_com.png.3828cc7dac60272143f88e16ab431b46.png

1 hour ago, GoodAsGold said:

The Brexit coin may or may not happen, H.  Let's take a vote on it. Then another. And another. 😂

Whether it happens or not, it won't stop the royal mint from a selling opportunity! Maybe we should all get a vote for it. 

48 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

And counting...

I understand this is completely off topic but I'm still getting my head around the vote last night alerting the EU to the fact that we are at their complete mercy in terms of any further negotiations, them knowing explicitly that we won't leave without a mutual agreement.   

I learnt around 50 years ago, when I was a very small child, that negotiations don't always result in a deal.  

Am I missing something?  

Oh there will be a deal I'm sure...just not an official one we'll be privy to. No doubt very many millions will be 'lost' somewhere in the process once the politicos involved agree how they can divvy it up. A bit like the £70m odd we give to the Nigerian Space Program every year etc.

29 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Looks normal under another light 

20190314_181209.jpg

Ive not had mine delivered yet but to me it looks like intentional shadowing.

Probably hard to do on a Black Hole 🤔

Archived