• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

APMEX Offer

Pete

Hi @Sal - I assume you are not in the UK as the 20% VAT to pay will hurt.
If you are in the USA it would be nice for someone to look out for a decent priced America the Beautiful 5 oz regular coin - "Hawaii".
I sometimes see this coin listed on eBay / USA but the seller(s) will not budge from the Global Shipping Program which is highway robbery.

Just now, Wackattak924 said:

Has anyone got experience of flying with silver from the states to UK? 

Thinking of picking up some ASE's on my upcoming trip. 

I returned from the USA once with 2 tubes of Eagles.
Because I was travelling with my wife I had worked out that they were within ( arguably ) our free allowance.

17 minutes ago, Sal said:

Couldn't resist the offer. Bought 500 more. I can sell them in the states all day long for a profit.

Rubbing it in now ....!!!!!

3 hours ago, Pete said:

This kind of offer makes me p!ssed-off when I see the low prices our USA cousins can stack their silver compared to us in Limey Land

1766489623_Screenshot2019-02-14at17_29_21.png.b6f334416ee502e8fc1be16b7565bcd7.png

By comparison we have it good, no doubt. I'm not a fan of Silver Eagles though. SDBullion had a buy 24 kangaroos, get the 25th free deal earlier in the year.

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

I returned from the USA once with 2 tubes of Eagles.
Because I was travelling with my wife I had worked out that they were within ( arguably ) our free allowance.

Free allowance? 

I am traveling with my wife and 3 kids and was thinking of picking up a few tubes and maybe a small amount of gold for good measure 😁 (if possible). 

14 minutes ago, Wackattak924 said:

Free allowance? 

I am traveling with my wife and 3 kids and was thinking of picking up a few tubes and maybe a small amount of gold for good measure 😁 (if possible). 

If you are heading to the states I may have a few extra tubes LOL to sell you at a good price.

12 hours ago, Wackattak924 said:

Free allowance? 

Check on a gov.uk site your free gift / personal allowance ( include the kids if there isn't an age restriction ) before you have to declare goods purchased outside the EU.

If you are visiting Orlando there is a good coin coin shop called Orlando Coin Exchange - http://www.orlandocoinexchange.com
I've used them many times, albeit maybe 5 or more years ago, for secondhand Eagles mainly, but also a few boxed proofs.
I also got them to order tubes of new ASEs from their wholesaler at very good prices.
I will be in Orlando in a few months and will definitely drop in to see what's on offer as it changes daily.

I am not sure you can buy gold coins cheaper outside the UK as our dealers like Atkinsons are extremely competitive.
Silver and Platinum are what you should aim to buy as there will not be any VAT or sales tax to pay.

Archived