• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 matt finish sovereign

Goldmick

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sovereignsteve said:

naughty boy(girl)

When i ordered it said nothing about 1 per household so didnt even read it when it came online today. was only after the fact i noticed it. And clearly im a bloke... there are no women on the internet!

Just now, terakris said:

And clearly im a bloke... there are no women on the internet!

sorry, just doing my best to be PC and not make assumptions.

I have to be careful as I'm a white caucasian male!😂

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

Do you guys have some sort of special membership or what? How is it possible that you could reserve two coins earlier? I'm confused...

some people are special, RM VIP status if they spend a bundle per year. They get an account manager and special service

@fehk2001

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Do you guys have some sort of special membership or what? How is it possible that you could reserve two coins earlier? I'm confused...

Of u spend 20-50k annually you will be gold / platinum, they will reserve u coins 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

Of u spend 20-50k annually you will be gold / platinum, they will reserve u coins 

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

some people are special, RM VIP status if they spend a bundle per year. They get an account manager and special service

@fehk2001

Oh I see.... I guess I'm just gonna have to be a good customer then for a while 😛

2 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

How did you do that? I had to pay the full £500...

And yeah, I checked seven minutes past 7, after I had ordered, and it showed "sold out" already.

Not in The UK...no VAT.

coinconnection at £900

I wonder what they'll go for on eBay soon

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, Oldun said:

Not in The UK...no VAT.

coinconnection at £900

I thought so... I'm feeling a bit better now about my £500 spend :) Could have been much worse.

7 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

there are a number of RM VIPs on this forum continually selling modern RM coins. It is noticeable they have been absent from this conversation.😊

Just biding their time, sensing their opportunity, then pounce!

Just speaking like the jealous person I am! 

6 hours ago, Oldun said:

Managed to order one, pay for it and get it under “open order” on my account of the SOTD Victoria 200th plain edge matte finish sovs.

£416.67, so a nice surprise. Cheaper than the £500 I was expecting.

One coin per household

You will probably find they classified VAT wrong and will change the price or something..

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Not in The UK...no VAT.

coinconnection at £900

Always no VAT on gold so it should have been same price

Well done to everyone who scored one of these SOTD Sovereigns. I think this will do very well despite being a little contrived as a collectable (everything is!). 

Mintage 650

Plain Rim

Matte Finish

Victoria Privy

Its likely that most Sovereign collectors are going to want this one.

Just wanted to comment on the comments that have been made here in relation to the Coin Connection pricing for this coin.

I spoke to CC at length about this subject last week and I think that the truth is very far from the comments here on this thread.

For many issues dealers like CC can get the stock they want. However, some issues are highly restricted to dealers and this was one of them. Discounts/Margins were squeezed and allocations from the mint were cut back by 90%. CC could have taken orders for half the entire mintage of this coin but could not get the stock and the coins they did get they had to pay more for. This being the case the only way to "ration" the available coins and to make a reasonable return is to offer the very very few coins available and unallocated on the web site at a market price. General custom in these situations is to price according to how many and the very last few get charged the highest price. 

As with all these types of things if you can buy cheaper on ebay or from willing sellers then buy cheaper. Normally when CC raise the price they can still be cheaper than the alternatives at that point in time.

Until 31st May code LARRY gets 2% of the price.

21 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Always no VAT on gold so it should have been same price

That is what I know so it is strange, as I mentioned earlier in the thread....unless there is something I dont know.

Regardless, I am with sovereignsteve on this one and the RM have not at all taken non vip collectors into consideration on this one. 90% of everyday collectors have got stiffed on the opportunity to purchase at RM retail prices.I do not bemoan their right to do as they wish. That is the free market but, it seems very very few were available to casual buyers via their own website.

37 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

You will probably find they classified VAT wrong and will change the price or something..

As I said earlier, it was a nice surprise. I dont expect it to go unnoticed by them unless there is some new weird catagorisation. Dont tell them numi!😚How many did you snaffle as a VIP? Some here have managed to get a couple it seems. Dealers obviously got more. Nothing on Chards website unless they VIPed customers.Looking forward to your vid and the breakdown 😀

1 minute ago, kugelblitz said:

just my guess:

1st they sell high 1k -

in a year or two for roundabout the original release price 500-550...

mintage 650 is enough to satisfy collector market - the coin flippers make them rare atm

I don't know... you reckon worldwide there would be no more than 650 sovereign collectors/investors?

As for the prices, you may be right.. I guess flippers would need to sell within the first few months for maximum return. Or what would you say Numistacker?

It will be interesting, for sure. Pure collectors do not care about price, high or low. They collect. Flippers/dealers just want to make profit. A small mintage for a first of type will be a rarified atmosphere either way down the line.

Archived