• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any Engelhard Experts out there?

TheProspector

Good Evening

I got excited on EBay against my better judgement at the weekend and successfully bid for an Engelhard 1oz bar. Or is it more to the point 🤔...

I have heard that there are a lot of fakes out there and just wondered if anyone could give me a second opinion?

From what I have since found on the web it looks legit.  Whatever the outcome I’ll put it down to a learning experience!

Thank you for your time.

550B58E1-46DD-43CF-9A77-8E185A8D1DDB.jpeg

1CF33151-35EC-47A7-B8FD-435B4D8555A4.jpeg

14B872C5-470F-44CF-803B-8728FCAB1B54.jpeg

I’ve come across more than a few of these from my experience from what I’ve seen to date, usually the plated 1 oz Engelhard bars are unserialised & are proof they tend to copy bars without serial numbers as it’s less time consuming stamping each bar i.e less profit but I’m sure there are a few JM serailzed counterfiet bars I’ve seen.... The bar you have can’t be for sure as would need to be tested but looks genuine.

P.S PATINA/TONING IS ALWAYS A GOOD SIGN WHEN PURCHASING GENERIC SILVER BARS & COINS :) 

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

13 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

£20 plus postage is the sweet spot.

I managed to buy ten for £20 each delivered last week from @StackSellRepeat  😉

For ebay you did good.

Just looked at the advert, somewhat envious. Nice work.

Will be on the lookout in future for these.  Unfortunately funds had been allotted to the group order 😀

1 minute ago, StackSellRepeat said:

I’ve come across more than a few of these from my experience from what I’ve seen to date, usually the plated 1 oz Engelhard bars are unserialised & are proof they tend to copy bars without serial numbers as it’s less time consuming stamping each bar i.e less profit but I’m sure there are a few JM serailzed counterfiet bars I’ve seen.... The bar you have can’t be for sure as would need to be tested but looks genuine.

P.S PATINA/TONING IS ALWAYS A GOOD SIGN WHEN PURCHASING GENERIC SILVER BARS & COINS :) 

In future for peace of mind will look to purchase from this forum👍

Checkout the toning on these 😂 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173778254263

Archived