• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

GrahamDiamond

I LOVE OLD COINS ME !!!!

35 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Thanks GrahamDiamond my late dad left lots of old coins only item not gone through to have a look at what is there and no idea if anything in his collection is valuable. Your video pushed to me to view his collection and catalogue everything.

The Eire coins are from my Father who was Irish and yes his name was Patrick, However he was born in India, His Father was a Director of the Burma Oil Company so I believe. All went tits up and my Fathers Mother came back to the UK with 3 Children and lived in a two up two down house after Living in a Luxury Mansion with Servants in India. We have always had bad luck in my Family, I wouldn't change a thing though at least me and my Brothers grew up happy. My ,Father had a habit of collecting Junk and not Coins, apart from these little Silver Eire Coins.

10 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Some lovely looking pieces there @GrahamDiamond

Was that grumpy dave in the background mixing the tunes ?

The tunes were mixed by Grumpy Dave before he went into Hibernation, Not long now for his return Coinsters, March 1st.

17 minutes ago, Elements said:

I really like old penny coins

I believe I have an entire tin full of old 1 pennies and half penny coins. I keep my bullion in either tubes with Anti-Tarnish Paper and Desiccant Sachets or capsules all stored in Royal Mint monster boxes. This is my late fathers stack of coins

IMG_1658.thumb.JPG.f0f6d0de183863c4bdea480e78f1bdaf.JPG

IMG_1659.thumb.JPG.c9c35e9b0813284f8c79a55c39b76c07.JPG

Have hundreds of these old half penny and one penny coins. I did not even realise we had ships on British legal tender coins in the past

IMG_1660.thumb.JPG.3ccb7698b81bcf6865abfbb23abe5330.JPG

IMG_1662.thumb.JPG.965c07c3b57aba4e1eff29834d1c60d3.JPG

Some other interesting coins caught my eye

IMG_1663.thumb.JPG.5cd0d932e9c9db6fbff7264cebe280a1.JPG

This is the only coin seen that has the Queen smiling

IMG_1665.thumb.JPG.6652f4fc96f79d8305937a5f69a6a997.JPG

2 pound coin Euro 1996 IMG_1667.thumb.JPG.854c25f963329b6c4be1ade5999fbd85.JPG

The oldest British coins I have seen so farIMG_1668.thumb.JPG.1ebe732b4cbc361188e52ec6d795d24d.JPG

IMG_1669.thumb.JPG.663a0dd751a426318b19ac6eb3362674.JPG

Lots of foreign coins that will take a long time to decipher. I have only collected the newest and shiniest bullion but there is a lot of history that I am oblivious to with these older coins.

7 hours ago, Abyss said:

I believe I have an entire tin full of old 1 pennies and half penny coins.

Time to get sorting through! Here’s a good quick source of info to identify the rarer ones. You might have some gems in there! The 1918KN and 1918H for example in mint condition go for 1k or more (Kings Norton and Heaton mints).

http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk/penny.html