• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Marc

for sale 1977 Cyprus Archbishop Makarios III proof £1,400

Now this is a coin you hardly ever see at this grade, 1977 Cyprus Archbishop Makarios III £50 Proof NGC PF70Ucam. 

This coin has everything going for it, top grade, pictures of cyprus, a ship, £50 denomination, half an ounce of gold and perfectly graded.

The only thing not to like is that it is not priced at melt or below so may not appeal to many viewers. But if you are a collector of these types of coins, this is the one to get since they rarely come up. I have a pretty extensive collection of 1966 and 1977 Makarious coins (I used to go to Cyprus as a child during school breaks and kind of liked the history so bought about 20 sets of these coins) so if you want lesser graded and cheaper ones let me know. Coins from these troubled countries fascinate me hence my collection of Rhodesian coins from a time when the country was the 2nd richest in Africa. Now i have moved to gold coins from North Korea. 

image.thumb.png.3c31ce65603c8397474ecfd449b0c720.png

cyprus 1977-1.JPG

Edited by Marc

7 hours ago, Marc said:

Now this is a coin you hardly ever see at this grade, 1977 Cyprus Archbishop Makarios III £50 Proof NGC PF70Ucam. 

This coin has everything going for it, top grade, pictures of cyprus, a ship, £50 denomination, half an ounce of gold and perfectly graded.

The only thing not to like is that it is not priced at melt or below so may not appeal to many viewers. But if you are a collector of these types of coins, this is the one to get since they rarely come up. I have a pretty extensive collection of 1966 and 1977 Makarious coins (I used to go to Cyprus as a child during school breaks and kind of liked the history so bought about 20 sets of these coins) so if you want lesser graded and cheaper ones let me know. Coins from these troubled countries fascinate me hence my collection of Rhodesian coins from a time when the country was the 2nd richest in Africa. Now i have moved to gold coins from North Korea. 

image.thumb.png.3c31ce65603c8397474ecfd449b0c720.png

cyprus 1977-1.JPG

Just to say what a great collection you have. I myself can't afford such coins, but great to look and see others coins, like yours.

Cheers.

Wow thanks everyone for their kind comment and much appreciated. This is just a hobby that has morphed into something more and on books alone i have spent 1,000's of pounds (one out of print Mohur book i paid £466 an original and very sought after reference book). I first started buying everything that I liked then i realized I could not upgrade my car due to lack of funds so started to scale down and sell since my range was too diversified.  Specialization is key so i am am trying to keep to Commonwealth coins (Indian Mohurs, Rhodesian coins, cyprus, Malta, Sth Africa and a few others). Of course the key british coins as well especially the 5 guineas are very attractive but even one of them can be a years salary.

The cyprus coins are really nice and I have a few sets with the £5 with a limited edition set that was issued to dignitaries and I believe only 200 mintage. I will be keeping the sets since i only have 3 left but I have about 10 or so individual coins that I am happy to sell. I will post the pictures when I have a chance.