• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is this JM Kilo Bar worth ?

whuamai

Hi guys,

I am wondering what price I could ask for this bar.

On Allengelhard.com I think it's the one with less than 2000 produced.

Can't find any sold listing for this.

What do you think?

Btw: It will be for sale If I have several pricing opinions or references, sold listings etc.

Thanks in advance

Greetings from Germany

IMG_20190210_132439.jpg

IMG_20190210_132448.jpg

These bars are worth more than those Umicore bars. i have paid over £500 for such bars. i have seen them go for over £600 on ebay.

This one sold last November - this bar was on ebay for a long time but it eventually sold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-kilo-1kg-999-silver-Johnson-Matthey-Silver-Bar-1-697-/323544718998?hash=item4b54c49e96%3Ag%3ADIsAAOSwH-9ZnatK&nma=true&si=xADXgoi2AXyYGMRd6L3YIT2bKyE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The inscription adds nothing to the value of the bar - for me it detracts from it. This over £600 price is heavy, hence the bar took months to shift. For a JM collector something north of £500 is probably reasonable.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Hey sixgun. I also saw that sold listing before. But the inscription and the fact that ebay also shows buy now items which just ran out also as sold made me unsure about it.

Since you paid 500+ it must mean that its worth around that price. Thanks.

5huggy, no problem, we all help and learn for each other.

Thanks guys!

I just checked the sellers feedback! And he got positive feedback from someone who has bought that bar for 669 Pounds! That sounds great.

Now there is one question. This inscription is it made after release and lowers the worth, or is it from the "Mint"and makes it worth more?

21 minutes ago, whuamai said:

Thanks. So i guess it has just been personalised for someone as a present for example and it's no special ediation or anything.

Yes the engraving is not by Johnson Matthey. It is not a special edition. Sometimes this will add to the value - for example if it was a special present to a famous person but usually it reduces the value. i agree with Goldhooked, i would rather buy a bar without an engraving.

i just noticed i am now a silver member. 😎

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

If I went to list this on ebay I would try for spot +100% and really big up the rarity and put some serious effort in the description whilst banging on about investments and futures and saving for the children etc

with better pictures also.

There`s no harm chancing your luck

YE

24 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i just noticed i am now a silver member. 😎

YEAH I noticed a load of us just became "SILVER Members"  - - I have looked on admin etc for info how or why to no avail - - BUT I DO like the "moniker"! 😊

Archived