• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ogb777

Jalan 999 fine silver 50gm

Recommended Posts

@ogb777 it’s an jewellers silver Indian round, you see many different types depicting gods for fortune etc.... there’s an abundant of these type of bars & coins as most or nearly all jewellery stores/dealers have their own branded bars/coins with their store name etc... it’s what I call a silver business card ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

@ogb777 it’s an jewellers silver Indian round, you see many different types depicting gods for fortune etc.... there’s an abundant of these type of bars & coins as most or nearly all jewellery stores/dealers have their own branded bars/coins with their store name etc... it’s what I call a silver business card ;) 

Thanks for that it’s quite an interesting business card 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ogb777 I have tried to translate the Hindi text but please bear in mind not an exact translation as some of the meaning is lost.

Upload.thumb.jpg.7a9491d59d43b95e02cf990bdc93e084.jpg

As @StackSellRepeat said it is a Jewellers silver Indian round dime a dozen. I have been advised not to purchase generic silver from jewellers in India as you can never be sure of the purity (unless willing to perform your own testing). When I visited India I stuck to the well known brands but only bought from MMTC-Pamp because of their partnership with Pamp Suisse and you can be assured of their purity and quality.

image.thumb.png.8e6b31a2cd45382ba40f9b03234ab837.png

@ogb777 if the item purchased is indeed triple nine silver (BYB has videos on YouTube how you can test at home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtH4aBh4Aw) then you have got yourself a bargain :). Let us know if the item is genuine as I am curious to find out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ogb777 said:

Thanks @Abyss just done the density test it came in as around 4.8-5.0g so 50.39:4.9=10.28 so I’m guessing that’s good?

edit 4.82-4.84 on my more accurate scales..

Density of the elements  http://periodictable.com/Properties/A/Density.al.html

Silver 10.49 g/cm3 anything between 10.4 to 10.5 acceptable otherwise not 999 silver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2019 at 20:12, Abyss said:

@ogb777 I have tried to translate the Hindi text but please bear in mind not an exact translation as some of the meaning is lost.

Upload.thumb.jpg.7a9491d59d43b95e02cf990bdc93e084.jpg

As @StackSellRepeat said it is a Jewellers silver Indian round dime a dozen. I have been advised not to purchase generic silver from jewellers in India as you can never be sure of the purity (unless willing to perform your own testing). When I visited India I stuck to the well known brands but only bought from MMTC-Pamp because of their partnership with Pamp Suisse and you can be assured of their purity and quality.

image.thumb.png.8e6b31a2cd45382ba40f9b03234ab837.png

@ogb777 if the item purchased is indeed triple nine silver (BYB has videos on YouTube how you can test at home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtH4aBh4Aw) then you have got yourself a bargain :). Let us know if the item is genuine as I am curious to find out.

 

Very close @Abyss with the translation. It’s OM,SHREE and SWASTIK ;) How was your purchase from CoinBazaar/MMTC PAMP while your stay in India?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, youngmetalstacker said:

Very close @Abyss with the translation. It’s OM,SHREE and SWASTIK ;) How was your purchase from CoinBazaar/MMTC PAMP while your stay in India?

Thanks @youngmetalstacker that what happens when your first language is English, 2nd is Gujarati and 3rd is Hindi :). Amazing holiday in Dubai/India. You can see some of the pieces I picked up while I was in India on the following thread (all MMTC Pamp) bought either from CoinBazar or MMTC Pamp retail store in Ahmedabad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now