• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

What exactly is a Plan B? 
If you live, work, bank, invest, own a business, and hold your assets in the current digital/paper paradigm then you are putting all of your eggs in one basket. 
You’re making a high-stakes bet that everything in that one single, solitary system is going to be OK, no matter what happens in the world... 
And it probably will be. There’s a good chance that nothing catastrophic will happen to you in your lifetime. And some people are just fine with those odds. 
But most of us don’t like playing Russian Roulette if we don’t need to. 
It’s not outside the realm of reasonable possibility that the "temporary new international monetary system that the entire world went onto in 1971 will come to an end."

Yes it's true the entire world including every currency everywhere was backed by gold through the USD. On August 15 1971 we were told that the entire world would go onto a "new international monetary system" these were the exact words used and it would be "temporary". Well the entire world has been on this temporary system for over 50 years now. It's pretty obvious the temporary system will end, and this is just one reason to have a plan B.

A natural (or man made) disaster could hit, the political system could go into turmoil, or a keystroke error might happen in some random government office. And that’s all it could take for you to lose everything—your money, your assets, and possibly, even your freedom. 
Fortunately, there are a number of simple, logical steps you can employ to protect yourself, your family, and your assets from such risks. 
We call this building a Plan B, and you can think of it as your customized insurance policy. 
And a Plan B is an insurance policy you need. Some things in life are not worth insuring. 
We insure what we can’t afford to lose: Our health, our property, our savings are things we insure against potential risks such as hitting another car or person when we drive, or a neighborhood kid falling from a wall we are responsible for, or a disgruntled customer taking us to court over a dispute. 
Some people insure even more than this -- their jobs, their lives, and their kids. 
But there are some things you can’t buy paper insurance policies for: Taxation, inflation, social security or private pension plan default, banking collapses, capital controls, and loss of freedom all are worth protecting against but don’t have default “insurance”. 
Your insurance against these risks is a good Plan B. 
And the goal of your Plan B is not only to insure yourself against such predictable scenarios, but to protect yourself so that no matter what happens next in the financial or political worlds, you will be OK... and not just survive, but even thrive. 
What makes for a good Plan B? 

It makes sense regardless of what happens (or doesn’t happen) next 
The hallmark of a great Plan B is that the steps you take make sense no matter what happens (or doesn’t happen). It makes sense no matter who is in office. It makes sense regardless of whether a litigious neighbor moves in next door. It makes sense regardless of what happens to your job or business. 

For example, you’ll never go far wrong holding some physical cash. Having some cash in a few strong currencies on hand makes sense in any scenario, even if you never need it. Yes inflation could eat away at the purchasing power and this is most likely will happen. But there is also a chance that before this happens the purchasing power of physical cash could go up if there is a problem with digital payment networks and cash machines all run out. You may find your physical cash wil go a lot further than you thought.

The strongest currencies are the ones like USD, GBP, JYN and the Euro. If any one of these collapses for some reason the purchasing power of the others may go up very high so it's worth holding a few as part of your plan B. You could consider holding a few crypto currencies although they may well go to nothing rather than hold their value or they could go up. Crypto currencies are more risky. I personally stick to the big main cryptos like Bitcoin, Litecoin and Etherium. It's vital that you get them off any exchange and hold the private keys yourself.

The safest currency to hold by far is physical silver rather than gold. I will go more into the reasons for this later. Physical cash and a few cryptos are risky and could go to nothing so should make up a small part of your plan B. But physical silver is far safer, it can never go to nothing. 

This is why you want to make sure your other Plan B steps make sense no matter what. Physical silver will help you if you need it and will either help (or at least won’t hurt you) if you don’t.. Even if it doesn't appreciate in years to come (unlikely that it will not go up in value) at least you can be sure it will not go to nothing.

You have to have both defence and offense in you plan B preparations.
In this case, think about defense as safeguarding what you already have. This includes risk prevention and increasing your freedom. 
It ensures that everything you have worked for - and will achieve - over your lifetime is safe, no matter what. 
Good offence, on the other hand, positions you for gain. It means increasing your prosperity, opening up more opportunities and growing your wealth. 
These are the two most important parts of your plan B. Good defence and offence, which will help you no matter what happens. The other words to describe these two most vital aspects to your plan B is the silver bullet and the silver shield. Let me explain.

While physical cash is a great hedge against short-term problems in the banking system, keeping precious metals is a long-term hedge against more serious, systemic challenges in the monetary system. 
Gold has now more than doubled it previous high in the 1970s while silver is still way under half the same high in monetary precious metal in the late 1970s. Silver is also now for the first time ever more rare than gold in available amounts, and this has never happened before in all of history. 

Officially there is said to be only around 200k tons of gold ever mined in all of history. Understandably this number is said to be way off and many experts claim if you include all the unreported gold it's over 4 million tons of gold. Because every year gold become more abundant while silver becomes more rare.

As silver is used up just like oil is used up, the amount of available silver is reducing every year. Gold is never used and not retrieved. But silver is uneconomic to retrieve at these artificial temporary low prices.

As Chris Duane famously said "Buying physical silver is by far the greatest act of wisdom and rebellion anybody can and should be doing right now. It is both a Silver Bullet to rebel against the Elite’s corrupt system and a Silver Shield to protect your family and wealth in a post-dollar world. Buying physical silver is non-violent, non-compliant resistance. Most importantly, it works outside of the system and it cannot be stopped."
“As long as you play by the Elite’s rules, the Elite will rule.” -Chris Duane

I started this report by saying if hold your assets in the digital or paper paradigm then you are putting all of your eggs in one basket. This begs the question how can you hold assets outside this temporary paradigm? The answer is simple, buy physical silver and take delivery of it.

Is not buying real estate, oil, stocks and bonds safe investments? No because they are all in the same paradigm. If you could buy oil and take delivery and hide it privately with nobody knowing you own it, then sure this would be outside the system. But it's not possible with oil. It is possible with silver.

Do not be fooled into promises of silver, or even silver mining stocks. They are all in the system. Physical silver that you take off the market is outside the system.

Same with real estate which is all inside the system. You can't own it privately and anonymously. The property bubble has been blown so big around the world it could pop at any second. Renting a property and putting all your hard earned wealth into physical silver seems the course of wisdom while property is so very overvalued and silver so incredibly undervalued at this time in history.

Over time every asset is in valuation channel meaning it goes from overvalued to undervalued and back again. If you don't measure in units of fiat currency but measure stuff with stuff. How many barrels of oil are valued the same as an averge house, or ounces of silver. Everything goes from overvalued to undervalued and back again over time.

The silver to average house price ratio in the developed western world has averaged a few hundred ounces of silver valued the same as an average house. In 1980 it was about 500 - 800 ounce of silver to one average house. Today in the UK it's now well over 40k oz to one over valued house. This cannot last and the ratio will fall back to normal a few hundred ounces of silver valued the same as one average property.

So we have laid down some basics to our plan B. As a start we would have some cash set aside in a few strong currencies. This is for short term protection. Far safer and longer term protection is to be a silver stacker. At the time of writing silver is around $14oz.
A thousand ounces is a realistic gold to start with for almost everybody. For those who are more safety conscious something like a metric ton of silver while the price is so still so low.
To have a goal of stacking one metric ton of physical silver before the manipulated low price is gone forever is a fine goal. We don’t know how much time is left, so to keep stacking a little at a time consistently is the way to go.

I recommend silver shield limited mintage known as micro or mini mintage. These are privately minted silver medallions fine art strikes. Each comes with a COA with mintage numbers. Micro mintage is usually a few hundred minted. Mini mintage is usually several hundred to over a thousand total minted. These mini mintage are less rare and a little less valuable than the micro mintage. There are some nano mintage designs that have less than 10 coins released ever in the entire world. These are very valuable and collectors can pay large amounts to have one of these rare gems in their collections.

For myself I am concentrating on micro mintage silver shield collectors strikes. I am aiming for a metric ton before the manipulation ends. But I’m stacking such small amounts every month or so it will take me a while to reach my goal. If the manipulation ends any time before I get there then I’m happy I took out this insurance in micro mintage silver while I still could at crazy cheap prices.

Where should you store your physical silver insurance policy? There are two rules, not at your home and not at a bank. Anything else is fine. Use your imagination, think like a pirate. If you bury it somewhere then plant something large growing over the top so metal detectors can’t easily search there.

This really is the best ever insurance policy that you can trust. Better than any insurance company on Earth who could go bust or default on their obligations.

Next we will consider where to live in our plan B scenario.

Where you currently live is obviously plan A. If there is no reason to bug out then don’t. However those who decide to bug out first have a far easier time than those who fail to beat the rush. Movement is life.
As stated buying or owning property at these unimaginable bubble high makes no sense. Renting is a good option as governments often subsidise the private rental sector. In the UK for example the government puts funds on top of most people’s rents to push up rents and try to keep the housing bubble from imploding.
If you rent then make the most of these manipulations until they are no longer there.

If you are absolutely relying on government handouts to live, then what do you do when they inevitably fail? This is why you absolutely need a plan B.

Just because real estate is overvalued, doesn't mean land is always overvalued at the same time. At the moment houses and property in general are way over valued but land is still undervalued.

Remember everything goes from overvalued to undervalued and back again. You can buy agricultural land for about £6k per acre in the right areas. After silver this is a very good investment.

Land that is so cheap is useually not possible to get permission to build on, that is ok. One option is buy a tiny house on wheels and camouflage it so it's completely hidden. This can be a great place for holidays and a bug out location if there is a need for it. This is your plan B if there is no other option.

Most people have no plan B for a place to live if they are forced to leave there current home. It could be flood, natural disaster or any number of reasons you are unable to live in your current home. It could be that you are renting and the government subsidy on rents as stopped for some reason. Many poeple would have no other option than to stay in expensive hotels or air b&b. Or be a burden on family or friends which can cause all manner of stresses and problems.

Far better to have a plan B place you can go to at the drop of a hat. A tiny house on wheels is easily portable unlike a mobile caravan or trailer home. A tiny house is also easy to hide completely, and as soon as you arrive you can uncover it by removing the camo net.

These new modern tiny houses are completely self sufficient. Meaning they can collect rainwater, generate their own electricity from photovoltaic panels and wind turbines. You can also generate electricity to keep batteries charged up from a biolite wood stove.

The most important consideration of a tiny house is that it is very comfortable to live in. Size has nothing to do with this aspect, it's all about design. You have to feel very happy living in there on a cold wet winters day. It has to be warm and cosy with a good kitchen, good bathroom and shower facilities. Then a comfortable cosy warm bed. And a super comfortable living area where you can eat, have entertainment and good internet and other comuncication devices like shortwave radio.

The fact that your tiny house is easily trailable is very useful. Plan B is to bug out to your survival retreat, but plan C and so on would be if you had to move again then hitch up your tiny home and go to your next planned location. 

Chances are you will never need more than your plan B. This is why it's worth planting fruit and nut trees on your investment land. For me I have chosen Apple, pear and plum trees. We also have nuts including many walnut trees. Perennials give you again and again every year, rather than anuals which you have to replant every year. Not to say that a good veg garden isn't a good idea. I recomend having a good veg garden of anuals, but make sure you have planted fruit trees and other perennials.

Storing canned food and other non perishables as a plan B is a prudent move, but they will eventually run out. While your fruit trees will keep giving every year.

I also recommend choosing your plan B investment land near the coast if possible cycling distance from the sea. My grandfather always said that fishing and farming go so well together. The waste from one supports the other. I set traps for small game as well as for seafood. The parts you don't eat make good bait for resetting the traps. Any waste you don't use for bait makes good compost for you edible gardens.

Even if fuel is too costly or unavailable, then to be able to cycle to the coast and set fish traps will supplement your diet of fruit and nuts from your trees and veg from your garden This is the ultimate plan B survival plan.

To sum up, Here is what I'm doing which will hopefully be a help to others and I welcome questions and suggestions.

My plan A is to carry on living in the city as for as long as I can. I rent my home from a private landlord and the government pays most of my rent in government subsidies that they add on to everybodies rent to try to keep the property bubble from imploding. Plan B involves taking measures that will be beneficial if something happens or not.

Each member of my family has well thought out go bags ready at all times. We also have an ever increasing emergency food nd supplies store. We constantly rotate consuming the oldest items and replacing with newer long live non perishables.

We have about 3 million Japanese yen in cash, and about the same in USD and EUR which is a couple of thousand dollars worth. As I live in the UK my main store of cash is in GBP which we always keep an emergency fund in small denomination notes in a safe fire proof box. Small denomination because you may not be able to get change in a crisis situation. We also keep some cans of desel fuel enough to reach our bug out location if fuel is hard to come by in the future.

I'm on my way to stacking 1 metric ton of physical silver bullion. I now stack 1oz BU micro mintage silver shield designs. I pay about $2 over spot which is about the lowest price you can ever buy physical silver anywhere. Each one comes with an individual numbered COA. I try to buy in the dips in price of silver, but it doesn't make much difference. I buy small amounts at a time so as not to draw unwanted attention, and not taking much risk on a large buy at one time.

I have in paper wallets and coded USB 1 Bitcoin and just over 200 Litecoin. I also have ten etherium and many alt coins like 2000 Litecoin cash. I have some Bitcoin cash and every single other hard fork from Bitcoin including Bitcoin gold, silver, copper, platinum, cash plus, cash plus plus and the many many other hard forks of Bitcoin. I realise these could go to nothing just like my cash in other fiat currencies, but they could also go up in purchasing power for a short time and if that happens then I will sell and buy silver shield BU micro mintage fine art medallions.

I have some land deep in the countryside near the coast and some beautiful sandy beaches. We have planted Apple, pear and plum fruit trees. Also many nut trees especially walnut trees which are growing and getting larger every year. There could be a reasonable living selling walnuts and walnut related products including pickled walnuts and walnuts in honey. As well as selling the walnut wood for example as gun stocks.

We are in the process of choosing a tiny house, always on the lookout for a good bargain. Some luxury tiny homes can be bought for cash offers at very reasonable rates if youre patient and keep looking. Once we have bought our next tiny house we will position it on our land in a hidden place with a camo net over it so it's invisible from the air as well. It will be waiting for us everytime we visit or in case we need to buy out as part of our plan B preparations.
Edited by SteveDavies

I think you're preaching to the converted to some degree.

'But physical silver is far safer, it can never go to nothing.' - It's come pretty close and it's a political asset, which renders it more unsafe than you might imagine.

'I'm on my way to stacking 1 metric ton of physical silver bullion.' - That'll need it's own house by the sea!

'I have some land deep in the countryside near the coast and some beautiful sandy beaches. We have planted Apple, pear and plum fruit trees. Also many nut trees especially walnut trees which are growing and getting larger every year. '

Also, where exactly in the UK are you growing walnuts?

1 minute ago, Shinus73 said:

'I have some land deep in the countryside near the coast and some beautiful sandy beaches. We have planted Apple, pear and plum fruit trees. Also many nut trees especially walnut trees which are growing and getting larger every year. '

Also, where exactly in the UK are you growing walnuts?

A quick google search shows there is a thriving walnut growing industry in Kent - my bad.

TBF I enjoyed reading your views and plan B. Its definitely got me thinking. 
Just one question how is the government  paying most of your rent in subsidies? (Is this housing benefits or some form of benefits)

4 hours ago, PansPurse said:

I've got a friend with a walnut tree. And most of my videos are filmed on a walnut desk... these two facts are unrelated I'm sure.

I had a little nut tree, nothing would it bear but a silver nutmeg and a golden pear; The King of Spain's daughter came to visit me, and all for the sake of my little nut tree.

1 hour ago, JCRJM said:

I just wasted a good 5 mins to read the start of that thread just to discover it was an ad for silver shield mini mintage rounds. 😡🤮🤯

Ha! Yes, I’ve seen it now.  So it’s basically the longest spam post ever!

Very surprised with all the smart so and so 's on here,(and I mean that in the nicest way 😇),that we haven't had one snooker related quip. Maybe your all to young to remember the "nugget" 😀