• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying From Apmex Outside of the USA.

ChrisBerg

I live outside of the USA and have noticed some items available through Apmex aren't carried by PM suppliers where I live.  On one occasion, I purchased gold and silver bullion worth over $450 USD but was charged $39 USD shipping BUT also a "destination fee" of $40 USD.  I understand the shipping fee but what is the destination fee??? Do other US precious metal suppliers charge additional fees other than for shipping outside of USA?  Do any US precious metal suppliers forego shipping costs if your order is greater than a certain value or lesser overall shipping and handling costs in general?  Thanks to any comment providers!

1 minute ago, Silverhunter said:

Silvergold bull are brilliant they use FedEx and ups to ship to U.K. Never had a destination fee and free shipping if over a certain amount

Do get charged Vat on silver purchases from Silvergold bull when the delivery address within the UK?

1 minute ago, Abyss said:

Do get charged Vat on silver purchases from Silvergold bull when the delivery address within the UK?

Yes silver has the vat put on put on the bill but they have a massive selection  that some of the European dealers carry at times delivery is very quick though

I think your best bet is going to be sending an email off to Apmex asking them about the charge. I had a look through their shipping fees on site and it only mentions the $39.95 US shipping charge for orders to Canada - nothing is mentioned about a destination fee. The only thing I can think of is if you are in a really remote part of the country it might have cost them over the $39.95 to get the goods to you thus the charge. There shouldn't be any tax or duty on goods coming north of the border so it isn't going to be for that. Your best bet really is to ask them for clarification.

I've looked at getting items from the larger US dealers delivered to an address in Southern Ontario but none of them will do that free despite order value. Canada really is a pain for shipping...  just a side effect of being such a large country with such a small population.

Archived