• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Toddie

First oz

Recommended Posts

 

22 minutes ago, Toddie said:

Is it worth me paying for a brand new coin?

Yes worth buying a new coin but I would never pay more than 3% over spot.

https://uk.tradingview.com/symbols/XAUGBP/?exchange=FX_IDC

Current GBP gold price spot £1015 +3% = £1045.45. Had to sell the coin you could always sell for spot (only lose 3% provided spot prices did not change). Unfortunately I have not come across any UK dealers selling brand new 1 oz Gold Britannia bullion coins for 3% or under spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The joy of living in the land of the free

https://bullionexchanges.com/ (US Bullion dealer)

Spot price gold right now $1317.7 works out 1.78% premium. BTW living in the US I would not be buying 1 oz Gold Britannia but in the UK legal tender and exempt from capitial gains tax.

image.png.d0f701acb6c018f41d0fd58a52fce75c.png

Just dig bit deeper on bullionexchange and volume pricing need to purchase 20+ oz (still smaller quantity than most volume required from UK dealers).

image.thumb.png.819dc24908ea648904f070e795ebc26f.png

 

 

Edited by Abyss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Abyss said:

 

Yes worth buying a new coin but I would never pay more than 3% over spot.

https://uk.tradingview.com/symbols/XAUGBP/?exchange=FX_IDC

Current GBP gold price spot £1015 +3% = £1045.45. Had to sell the coin you could always sell for spot (only lose 3% provided spot prices did not change). Unfortunately I have not come across any UK dealers selling brand new 1 oz Gold Britannia bullion coins for 3% or under spot.

I think i'll be a lucky man if i find a new year one for just 3% over spot. Considering i'm only looking to buy the one. Looks like i'll have to settle for 4.5% so far.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you're in the UK why don't you just go to ATS or somewhere similar. I bought five from ATS £1000ea in December '18. I'd much rather buy and get my merchandise at the time than having to wait for shipment.

Edited by Tape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tape said:

Since you're in the UK why don't you just go to ATS or somewhere similar. I bought five from ATS £1000ea in December '18. I'd much rather buy and get my merchandise at the time than having to wait for shipment.

Gold GBP right now is

image.png.8439fde15ca6cb7933905f3bac534979.png

https://www.atsbullion.com/one-ounce-gold-coins/britannia-gold-coins/britannia-one-ounce-2019-gold-coin/#.XGZ5w7jLcUE

image.png.cf4efae7cb2ce48829aae2c25688ef82.png

ATS good value the premium only 3.12% above spot BUT you need to buy buy 500 oz Gold to obtain this price.........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Abyss said:

Gold GBP right now is

image.png.8439fde15ca6cb7933905f3bac534979.png

https://www.atsbullion.com/one-ounce-gold-coins/britannia-gold-coins/britannia-one-ounce-2019-gold-coin/#.XGZ5w7jLcUE

image.png.cf4efae7cb2ce48829aae2c25688ef82.png

ATS good value the premium only 3.12% above spot BUT you need to buy buy 500 oz Gold to obtain this price.........

 

Blimey, weak £ is pushing the price of an oz up quite a bit. It's a shame i don't have half a mill sitting around..

 

4 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

@Toddie if you are still looking to buy a Britannia (new), why not put a ‘wanted’ ad on the forum. I am sure you could get one for spot plus 2-3%..

You know what, that never even crossed my mind - cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Toddie said:

Blimey, weak £ is pushing the price of an oz up quite a bit. It's a shame i don't have half a mill sitting around..

 

You know what, that never even crossed my mind - cheers!

I only said that because I have a couple 😂 .

I do actually have a 2017 Gold 1oz Britannia and a 2017 Britannia 30th anniversary edition. Both brand new and bought from Atkinson’s..problem is i don’t like selling things! PM me if interested, but only if you can’t get a good deal elsewhere.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2019 at 02:54, Frost said:

there are all the UK dealers
I recommend buying gold Britannia as it's 9999 gold and VAT free almost in all dealers, you can see the price comparison for 2019 Britannia

 

Only a few of them allow the public to enter and buy in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.