• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereign help

Goldmick

@Goldmick When I looked at the pictures the coin appeared to be the £5 proof but the description and COA state BU. That makes sense because the £5 proof was only sold in the sets, whereas the BU was issued in individual boxes. I've got both and, trust me, the beautiful reverse sides are virtually indistinguishable on each. The visible difference is on each obverse. Her Majesty is only in glorious proof on the proof coin (doh) and she's in BU on the BU coin (double doh). I hadn't advanced onto gold coins when they came out and had to play catch up. The BU version first became available and I jumped at it. Later I located a proof which was a slabbed grade 70. The reverse of the BU is so proof like that it's far better than BU on that particular side of the coin.  N.B. I bought my BU sealed in original Mint packaging from Allgold Coins and their website still has them advertised for £ 1950 - just £ 75 over the original Mint price if I remember correctly. I've dealt with them twice and was happy with their service. That's where I would go if you want to take the plunge.

ALERT !!! @Goldmick  @danmc82 @richatthecroft  Mick, who is allegedly selling this coin?  I previously mentioned that I bought mine from Allgold Coins for £ 1950.  Allgold still advertise it on their own website at that price (when I last checked on Tuesday). They also have an Amazon website store where Allgold advertise it a bit higher at £ 2082.95 to take into account the extra incurred charges if you order it via their Amazon store.  If the alleged seller of the coin you pictured is NOT Allgold Coins (after all, it's advertised at over £ 100 more than Allgold's Amazon store) then the alleged seller DOES NOT OWN that particular coin and it is a SCAM.  Unless of course Allgold have already sold it to that person.  The reason I say this is because the coins pictured above and on the Allgold Amazon store are the very same coin - identical photo marks (probably not on the coin itself) AND the same COA number. I look forward to your reply 😱

21 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

ALERT !!! @Goldmick  @danmc82 @richatthecroft  Mick, who is allegedly selling this coin?  I previously mentioned that I bought mine from Allgold Coins for £ 1950.  Allgold still advertise it on their own website at that price (when I last checked on Tuesday). They also have an Amazon website store where Allgold advertise it a bit higher at £ 2082.95 to take into account the extra incurred charges if you order it via their Amazon store.  If the alleged seller of the coin you pictured is NOT Allgold Coins (after all, it's advertised at over £ 100 more than Allgold's Amazon store) then the alleged seller DOES NOT OWN that particular coin and it is a SCAM.  Unless of course Allgold have already sold it to that person.  The reason I say this is because the coins pictured above and on the Allgold Amazon store are the very same coin - identical photo marks (probably not on the coin itself) AND the same COA number. I look forward to your reply 😱

False alarm. Alert cancelled  @Goldmick  @danmc82 @richatthecroft  I've since checked eBay which is where you must have seen the original advertisement Mick.  The eBay seller is indeed Allgold Coins, albeit at the even higher cost price than the Allgold website and the Allgold Amazon store.  Obviously if you wish to go ahead with the purchase then go direct to Allgold's own website for the £ 1950 cheapest price.  You mustn't have noticed that your proposed eBay seller was also Allgold when you sent me your private message.after my original reply to your post. Panic over. 😁

Archived