• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Recommended Posts

Hi tried to send money to @morezone but in my PayPal I left out 1 piggen letter!!! So I called them immediately, 45 minutes this call took to answer. 

In the mean time I sent Morezone 2 screen shots, so he doesn't think I am messing him around. 

I checked with my bank online but couldn't do anything whilst on hold apart from emailing the guy I sent this money to asking him to reject it. 

Then PayPal answers.

Security etc. " Sorry we can't help you" friends and family!!!  Call your bank. OK you Muppet your useless, hung up rang bank. 

They said monitor it. And open  dispute on Monday if they do accept the payment. 

They noted I was stupid!!! And left out a letter 

 

DOH!!!°°°

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

@jonrms how do you know the mistaken email exists.   Im sure you can cancel a pending one if the email doesnt exist.

One of you should claim/register the paypal address with the mistaken email. 

1 a easy solution which I done, was called a REVERSE look up.

2 It was showing as Money Sent.  because I sent it via friends and family.

3 I had to just log in my paypal. Change my password and put that this is an unauthorised transaction.

There is no Claim or status as per a normal ebay seller. feel free send me a pound and try to cancel after.   jonrms2000"yahoo.co.uk

You wont be able to.

I contacted paypal who would not help. They advised me to speak to the bank. I did. unless he claims I cant do anything for 30 days.

£50 in holding when it should be with Morezone    not Morezon

you cant sadly cancel a friend and family actions... even seconds after it happened.... and paypal don't care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Sorry to hear @jonrms

maybe next time if sending money to someone first time worth doing like £5 test payment ... 

 

I have sent money to the person before. I just left out a  simple letter.  ( E )

easy mistake.

but unlike any other financial institution or business there are no safeguards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.

But as I mentioned I reversed the email address and it's active. Also tied to a FB account etc. 

Claim in dispute atm. 

Good night everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pay Pal really should really implement a safeguard to identify the recipient before confirming the transaction for cases like this when the email address is incorrectly spelt and is registered with Pay Pal.  Not much use by only showing the recipients name after the payment has been sent.

I never manually type addresses and account numbers where possible and always copy and paste for this very reason.  I've made the same mistake myself many years ago but luckily the address wasn't linked to Pay Pal so I was able to cancel it.

In this case the OP also made another little oversight.  Once the email address was entered it showed € as the receiving currency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this to me recently, got my sister to send some money & she made a mistake with a letter aswel. Paypal were having none of it so she pleased poverty & they agreed to call & email the person. After 24hrs they didn't respond so they reveresed the transaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, morezone said:

Pay Pal really should really implement a safeguard to identify the recipient before confirming the transaction for cases like this when the email address is incorrectly spelt and is registered with Pay Pal.  Not much use by only showing the recipients name after the payment has been sent.

I never manually type addresses and account numbers where possible and always copy and paste for this very reason.  I've made the same mistake myself many years ago but luckily the address wasn't linked to Pay Pal so I was able to cancel it.

In this case the OP also made another little oversight.  Once the email address was entered it showed € as the receiving currency.

I tried to send it, I thought you were in Europe so pounds made sense .

I will deal with this tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of being unpopular for this opinion...  this is purely user error and not PayPal's fault. When sending a friends and family payment you are presented with the email that you typed in on two occasions before pressing confirm. You made a mistake and failed to catch it despite PayPal presenting that mistake to you on two separate screens before you confirmed. How many times should PayPal show the typed email address on screen? I dare say if it isn't read twice it isn't going to be read three or four times. I can understand being annoyed but some personal responsibility would go a long way here...  this isn't PayPal's fault.

PayPal does a lot of rubbish things and I'm not entirely happy with them but I wouldn't cast blame on them for an error I made. Hopefully the person you sent the money to realises the mistake and refunds but otherwise your bank should have you covered and be able to return the payment eventually. By sending a F&F payment you agreed to the terms that say PayPal can't help you with disputes so again you can't blame them for your own actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

At the risk of being unpopular for this opinion...  this is purely user error and not PayPal's fault. When sending a friends and family payment you are presented with the email that you typed in on two occasions before pressing confirm. You made a mistake and failed to catch it despite PayPal presenting that mistake to you on two separate screens before you confirmed. How many times should PayPal show the typed email address on screen? I dare say if it isn't read twice it isn't going to be read three or four times. I can understand being annoyed but some personal responsibility would go a long way here...  this isn't PayPal's fault.

PayPal does a lot of rubbish things and I'm not entirely happy with them but I wouldn't cast blame on them for an error I made. Hopefully the person you sent the money to realises the mistake and refunds but otherwise your bank should have you covered and be able to return the payment eventually. By sending a F&F payment you agreed to the terms that say PayPal can't help you with disputes so again you can't blame them for your own actions.

Sorry, but rubbish. Seconds went by, and I was on the phone trying to sort it out. I waited 45 minutes before a answer. 

This will be dealt with to more by the disputes team in my bank. 

We use Friends and family to save a few pounds. But I might stop using this option. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jonrms          You sent money to the wrong email address? Does that address exist? If not you should get money back, or open a PayPal account with that address, 

if the address you sent to by mistake does exist have you tried emailing to tell situation and hope they have some morals and send back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly the account exists.

I emailed them straight away.

They took the money straight away.

They refuse to email me back.

Lost £50.  So friends and family is officially over . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been following this thread and there are 2 positive things here.

1 at least it was 50 quid as opposed 500 and lets be honest it could have been very easily.

2 a lot of people have been alerted to the big paypal F&F issue, I for one will not be using it.

sorry it was you that had this issue all I can say is "ouch"

The recipient is a right bar-steward I think

Edited by bored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bored said:

I have been following this thread and there are 2 positive things here.

1 at least it was 50 quid as opposed 500 and lets be honest it could have been very easily.

2 a lot of people have been alerted to the big paypal F&F issue, I for one will not be using it.

sorry it was you that had this issue all I can say is "ouch"

Thanks, I am very disappointed and annoyed with this situation. I have bought soo many things off here from members using F+F and NEVER had a issue.

What ALOT of people do not understand is, that whilst I was doing this on my phone, it autocorrected for some reason, But I was not fully aware at the time due to the amount of medication I took. (within the prescribed dose) . But that makes things hard to focus, etc. I cant drive for instance as I am classed as under the influence whilst on the medication. etc... Soo. Yes I messed up. But I was not aware until it shown Euros. I received some really negative feedback and messages about this. I am only now replying because I have no emotional attachment to those anymore. But it was painful, especially when I am spending a lot of money kickstarting ACE Bullion off the ground.

I wont use Paypal Friends and family again for anyone.

I am looking for an alternative to paypal.

And I sure as heck wont be making payments whilst in pain and having taken RX. ( that's on me )

Thank you for your support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paypal only charge 3.4% + 20p for a standard transaction that gives you full protection so even on a £1000 purchase that's only an extra £34.20.  Probably worth it for the peace of mind and full Paypal protection you get with it.

On a £50 purchase it would only be an extra £1.90.

Edited by Goldhooked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now