• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver giveaway! - Children With Cancer UK

Wackattak924

Hi guys

I am supporting Children With Cancer UK and in July I will be taking on the Peak District 100km Challenge. 

Children With Cancer are the leading national children's cancer charity dedicated to the fight against childhood cancer. 

The peak District challenge is a Challenging 100km walk in the peak District and I have set myself the goal of completion within 24 hours. 

I am hoping that the community here can help me by donating via my just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/daniel-bateman2. All donations go directly to Children With Cancer. 

In return for your support each donation will give entry into my silver giveaway. 

@BackyardBullion has been kind enough to be custodian of the prizes and these will be with him shortly. 

Prizes up for grabs are

2x 2019 Britannia 1oz

2019 Australian Koala 1 oz

2019 Australian Kookaburra 1 oz

2011 Panda - kindly donated by Agpanda. 

2014 1oz Somalian Elephant with Horse Privy - kindly donated by @KevinFlynn

2014 1oz Britannia - also donated by

@KevinFlynn

I will announce the winners of the giveaway on march 29th. 

Please use your silver forum name and put TSF in the comments box. 

I thank you for your support and will keep you all updated on my progress. 😁

http://Www.Childrenwithcancer.org.uk

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wackattak924 said:

Hi guys

I am supporting Children With Cancer UK and in July I will be taking on the Peak District 100km Challenge. 

Children With Cancer are the leading national children's cancer charity dedicated to the fight against childhood cancer. 

The peak District challenge is a Challenging 100km walk in the peak District and I have set myself the goal of completion within 24 hours. 

I am hoping that the community here can help me by donating via my just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/daniel-bateman2. All donations go directly to Children With Cancer. 

In return for your support each donation will give entry into my silver giveaway. 

@BackyardBullion has been kind enough to be custodian of the prizes and these will be with him shortly. 

Prizes up for grabs are

2x 2019 Britannia 1oz

2019 Australian Koala 1 oz

2019 Australian Kookaburra 1 oz

Plus more to be confirmed. 

I will announce the winners of the giveaway on march 29th. 

Please use your silver forum name and put TSF in the comments box. 

I thank you for your support and will keep you all updated on my progress. 😁

Www.Childrenwithcancer.org.uk

Sincere best wishes with that, it's a heck of an undertaking in 24hrs.......Maybe admin can keep this pinned on top somewhere for a few months so people don't have to search for it who wish to donate at a later date.

@ChrisSIlver @morezone ?

Update:

I have today posted the prizes above to BYB and they will be in his custody until I hold the draw on March 29th. 

I would like to thank those that have donated already and those that will in the coming weeks. 

Big thanks to @SilverStan who has kindly donated this beautiful New Zealand Mint 2018 Year of the Dog coin. This coin will be available to buy to directly raise funds towards my target. If you are interested please PM me. I will add a sales post in the sales section.

I also need to give Martin from silvertrader.uk a big shout out and thanks for donating a beautiful 2016 coloured Britannia unicorn. More details will be posted on what I will do with this coin once it arrives. It may go up for sale so any interested members please PM me. 

Thanks all

15493008319545118343317754962119.jpg

15493008948694461370985222746397.jpg

2016 Britannia Unicorn coloured Silver bullion coin (3).JPG

2016 Britannia Unicorn coloured Silver bullion coin (2).JPG

2016 Britannia Unicorn coloured Silver bullion coin (1).JPG

The New Zealand Mint year of the dog coin sold this morning to a colleague of mine who actually wanted a Perth Mint Luna dog for his God sons upcoming Christening but was very pleased with this coin. This has added another £45 to funds raised so far big thanks to @SilverStan that has gone a long way towards my goal. 

46 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

@Wackattak924 As the father of a young son who went through the horrors of long term cancer treatment, I think what you are doing is amazing.  Thank you from my son, my family and I.

Thank you.

I couldn't imagine how hard it must be/ been for your family. Is your son still battling or has he been given the clear? 

What I am doing is nothing compared to what families like yours do day in day out and I take my hat off to you. 

I hope that your son is ok now and will live a long happy life. 

23 minutes ago, Wackattak924 said:

Thank you.

I couldn't imagine how hard it must be/ been for your family. Is your son still battling or has he been given the clear? 

What I am doing is nothing compared to what families like yours do day in day out and I take my hat off to you. 

I hope that your son is ok now and will live a long happy life. 

He was diagnosed at 2 years old with a rare brain tumour.  Thankfully he survived and is celebrating his 15th birthday tomorrow!  He still has preemptive MRI scans every couple of years but other than that and a couple of bald patches of hair on the back of his head (from the radiotherapy - he hides it with long hair) he now leads a normal life.

The help we received at the time from various charities was invaluable so anybody supporting those charities is a hero in my eyes.

13 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

He was diagnosed at 2 years old with a rare brain tumour.  Thankfully he survived and is celebrating his 15th birthday tomorrow!  He still has preemptive MRI scans every couple of years but other than that and a couple of bald patches of hair on the back of his head (from the radiotherapy - he hides it with long hair) he now leads a normal life.

The help we received at the time from various charities was invaluable so anybody supporting those charities is a hero in my eyes.

That is really good to hear 😁

Tell him I said happy birthday 🎂

I spent a year in cancer treatment myself at one time in my life. I live.

I want to share my luck in winning the Premium Prize Draw this month and will have half of the coins sent to BYB to add to the Giveaway.

I want to encourage everyone to take part in this effort. The cause is good and every contribution however small will set a signal.

And the Giveaway is impressive ^_^

I am just deciding on which coins I would keep, I already saw a Britannia firsthand the other three are new to me, I will make my decision over the weekend.

4 hours ago, Quantumbomber said:

Since my Daughter went through this 7 years ago and I've just finished my little tussle with it, I'll make a quick donation and have a dig through my stack to see what to sent BYB for a Raffle or something.

Enjoy your stroll 😎

Thank you your donation was very generous. 

I hope that both you and your daughter have seen the back of it for good 🤞.

I will try to enjoy it the best I can lol. IV been walking a marathon once a week in training and hope they get easier 😅

Thank you for your support I really appreciate it 👍

Just want to put an update on. 

Donations have been very generous and I want to thank everyone who has donated so far. £265 has been raised so far! Thank you everyone. 

A few coins have been donated, some went for sale and some more have been added to the giveaway which has become quite a pot of silver. 

@SilverStan Donated a 2018 newzealand mint year of the dog coin. This item went for sale and raised £45. Thank you Silverstan. 

Martin from http://www.silvertrader.uk donated a 2016 coloured Britannia. This item had instant interest and sold for £35. Thank you Martin.

@Agpanda has donated a 2011 panda - thank you Agpanda.

@KevinFlynn won the January Premium member prize draw. And as he is a gold member also won the gold member extras. He was very kind to offer half of his winnings to help raise more interest in this cause. Thank you kevinflynn.

My training is going well I am currently walking 65 miles per week. Since making the decision in October to fundraise for Children With Cancer UK I have lost almost 4 stone with the aim to loose another half a stone. In October I weighed 19 and a half stone now I'm a little under 15 and a half. That's enough about me 😴.

Thank you everyone 

Archived